Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:18 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Everyone
Hello Everyone
Hey guys,

my name is Sandra and I am 24. I live in Berlin. Yes, the one in Germany.

I was raised as an atheist and always have been one. My whole family consists of atheists. The last person to be baptized was my uncle. He never believed in a god or anything either though.

For a while I believed in souls and a predestined life for everyone. I thought everything happened for a reason.

Thankfully recently I changed my mind on that, mainly thanks to my boyfriend who up until recently was religious and completely changed his point of view and became an atheist himself.

I've always been interested in religion and atheism and due to these recent changes I've been doing even more research.

My boyfriend lives in WI, so we are in a long distance relationship. I'll eventually move over there to begin my new life with him.

I'm a scientist and skeptic as per definition and have always enjoyed learning about new stuff, eager to extend my knowledge on anything and have always been interested in MANY things. Once I'll have moved to WI I'll study psychology and I plan on working with children though I can also see myself working with criminals (yeah, I know... wtf haha).

Anyway, if you wanna know more, ask away. Smile
RE: Hello Everyone
Welcome! I think you'll like it here.
Welcome Smile
Nice to have you aboard!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
hello.
Welcome
Welcome! Hi
Quote:I thought everything happened for a reason.

It does....the reason being that rich cocksuckers manipulate politicians to make it happen.
Welcome phoenix
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome! Deutschland is underrepresented here! Look forward to your posts.

You mention you're a scientist, what field are you involved in?
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Hello, everyone Rolls 21 1348 June 27, 2020 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello Everyone! Chicken 33 2113 December 25, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Hello Everyone :) , { Just an ape trying to socialize } Enlightened Ape 31 5557 April 24, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
Wink Hello Everyone! rskovride 15 1820 February 21, 2018 at 5:45 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello Everyone Shai Hulud 32 7734 May 14, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Shai Hulud
  Hello Everyone! Driggs 22 2586 April 12, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: c172
  Hello everyone account_inactive 25 3774 April 12, 2017 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello Everyone! Flavius 9 1217 March 30, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello everyone Yoo 11 2331 August 29, 2016 at 12:11 pm