Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:47 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi All!
Hi All!
I'm new here. My name is Misty. I'm 32, and I live in Washington with my husband and our dogs. We are both atheist, and childless by choice, as we feel this planet has too many damn people already. I'm former Mormon, non religious for 15 years, atheist for 5 years, though I've only felt comfortable with that label for the past 2 years.

I'm partially out. I've told the people in my life that I feel comfy telling for now. Still working up the courage to tell my dad and his side of the family (the Mormons.)

I look forward to chatting with all of you!
We are are part of nature, built from the same stuff as stars, planets, asteroids, and comets. Our protons and neutrons have been around since the earliest times, glued together into heavy elements of long dead ancient suns, blasted out into the universe and resculpted from diffuse interstellar dust clouds by the gentle hand of gravity. When the pattern of atoms known to be you ceases to be, the building blocks will return to the voids of space, and in a billion years or more, they may take their place in another structure so beautiful that a future mind may perceive it to be the work of a god. ~ Brian Cox
RE: Hi All!
Hi Misty, look forward to chatting with you too. This is one place where you won't get fleeced! (But watch out for the terrible puns)
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Howdy!

[Image: Misty.jpg]
Cunt
I'm working on getting my avatar up and having issues. I've never been much of a computer whiz. It says all my files are too big. Any hints on how to resize them using a mac?

We are are part of nature, built from the same stuff as stars, planets, asteroids, and comets. Our protons and neutrons have been around since the earliest times, glued together into heavy elements of long dead ancient suns, blasted out into the universe and resculpted from diffuse interstellar dust clouds by the gentle hand of gravity. When the pattern of atoms known to be you ceases to be, the building blocks will return to the voids of space, and in a billion years or more, they may take their place in another structure so beautiful that a future mind may perceive it to be the work of a god. ~ Brian Cox
I thought that it automatically resizes them...
Cunt
Yo Misty! Great to have you here. Welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Hello. Big Grin
Quote:as we feel this planet has too many damn people already

Well....it has too many stupid people. The churches and mosques are full of them.

Welcome aboard, though.
(April 26, 2012 at 10:34 am)BadSheep Wrote: we feel this planet has too many damn people already
Really? Very strange.
Welcome! Hi

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2142 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
Thumbs Up HEY ALL Y'ALL Droppin' Loads 10 3930 September 22, 2009 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amphora