Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:05 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rant
Rant
Visioforge SDK Media components for Delphi has to be the most unsupported, poorly documented, and badly presented set of libraries I have ever come across. Not a single support forum or code example can be found anywhere! Not even their demo code works properly and trying to get it to play DVD's is impossible. The fact that I've created a beautifully crafted media player packed full of clever and quirky features that can rival the best of them is by no small means due to my sheer stubbornness and bloody minded determination not to let the raft of bugs this thing has stop me in my quest for media player domination!

/rant over
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Rant
What do you plan to do with this fantastic media player you've been working on since time immemorial? Smile
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(April 27, 2012 at 11:53 am)Vaeolet Lilly Blossom Wrote: What do you plan to do with this fantastic media player you've been working on since time immemorial? Smile

Change the world my dear, change the world!! Oh, and make some cash Big Grin
Do AF.org members get a discount? Big Grin
(April 27, 2012 at 6:20 am)Darwinian Wrote: Visioforge SDK Media components for Delphi has to be the most unsupported, poorly documented, and badly presented set of libraries I have ever come across. Not a single support forum or code example can be found anywhere! Not even their demo code works properly and trying to get it to play DVD's is impossible. The fact that I've created a beautifully crafted media player packed full of clever and quirky features that can rival the best of them is by no small means due to my sheer stubbornness and bloody minded determination not to let the raft of bugs this thing has stop me in my quest for media player domination!

/rant over

I work in AS3 exclusively for my job. You have no right to complain. Big Grin

You chose some pascal derived rarity than a more used ecmascript dialect. Smile
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
I would make a snarky comment about using a real language with real SDKs, but I took an arrow to the knee.
(April 27, 2012 at 4:40 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I would make a snarky comment about using a real language with real SDKs, but I took an arrow to the knee.

[Image: i+used+to+be+an+adventurer_bf4845_3000313.jpg]

It's so strange how a meme only around 5 months has gotten soooooo unbelievably old Tiger

And it's still good 0.o
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
(April 27, 2012 at 4:40 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: I would make a snarky comment about using a real language with real SDKs, but I took an arrow to the knee.

Sticks and stones!! Censored
Dar, you bitch! Big Grin
(April 27, 2012 at 4:49 pm)Darwinian Wrote:

Sticks and stones!! Censored

I cut my teeth on Pascal and Modula-2 decades ago. You can't polish a turd. Big Grin

In all seriousness, I'm sure that the most glaring flaws have been fixed in the Pascal-derivative languages. They must have, or nobody would bother using them. At the time (1980s), Pascal was used in education as a teaching language. In retrospect, it should have been used as an example of how not to do things. I've often wondered what Wirth was smoking.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  IT support/employee rant thread bladevalant546 55 7037 September 18, 2014 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Dragonetti
  Youtube Copyright Disaster! Angry Rant (beware F Bombs ahead) Gooders1002 11 3179 December 17, 2013 at 7:38 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  Rant about my PC Oldandeasilyconfused 23 5057 November 12, 2011 at 1:10 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused