Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 8:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nope, no thinkers here.
Nope, no thinkers here.
This does not apply to everybody here. But it does apply to most. It seems that the official playbook for this forum should read. "shout down the opposing point of view, insult, insult, sarcasm" Oh and accuse them of everything that we are guilty of.

I believe that most here come here because they need to be reassured that they are right.

I believe that some people have a hard time standing on their own two feet here and others must come to the rescue.

Most are very cold and bitter individuals that are clearly unable to think about anything that questions their beliefs and are masters of diversion.

It has strengthend my faith to no end to see how the other side treats outsiders. I defy any of you to go to a christian forum and ask honest questions and see what kind of response you will get. Christians are far from perfect but we are not as a whole the intolerant, bigoted, narrow minded people that your people paint us as.

I wish each of you the best in life. Peace im outtie.
Islam has killed millions in the last decade, lets focus all attention on Christianity!
RE: Nope, no thinkers here.
No one has an obligation to debate you in a civilised manner. And just because someone is cold and bitter doesn't mean they are "unable to think", they just can't be bothered with your shit... that is all.
Cunt
Oh, I forgot the reputation christians have for accepting outsiders.
Right. Atheists never get pounced on in christian forums. Rolleyes

I never get why christians come to atheist forums and then get all butt hurt when we don't agree with everything they have to say.

What did you expect? That'd we all see the error of our ways and convert because you're here?

ROFLOL
We are are part of nature, built from the same stuff as stars, planets, asteroids, and comets. Our protons and neutrons have been around since the earliest times, glued together into heavy elements of long dead ancient suns, blasted out into the universe and resculpted from diffuse interstellar dust clouds by the gentle hand of gravity. When the pattern of atoms known to be you ceases to be, the building blocks will return to the voids of space, and in a billion years or more, they may take their place in another structure so beautiful that a future mind may perceive it to be the work of a god. ~ Brian Cox
Honestly Deciple, what did you think would happen? That you would come here and instantly be loved by everyone? This is the internet, the gloves are off and everyone stands for oneself. Respect needs to be earned. Too bad if you decide to leave us, but now you are doing just what almost every other theist has done, ragequitting when most people didn't warm to your favorite ideas. Don't give us another reason to assume that all theists are quitters.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

This is kind of odd, though hardly unprecedented. You jump to the conclusion that everyone only insults or relies on mob tactics to win arguments whilst starting a thread comprised nearly entirely of insults and requests for atheists to try your mob on for size. Au revoir. You will not be missed.
(April 28, 2012 at 2:20 pm)deciple Wrote: I believe that most here come here because they need to be reassured that they are right.

Ridiculous, I think that is more accurate said to you than other members.
(April 28, 2012 at 2:20 pm)deciple Wrote: I believe that some people have a hard time standing on their own two feet here and others must come to the rescue.

Really? I assume you mean when they don't know something rather than making something up they go find out or just don't reply about something they are unsure about? Wanting to be accurate rather than convincing is surely a good thing.

(April 28, 2012 at 2:20 pm)deciple Wrote: Most are very cold and bitter individuals...

Aaaawww, You just don't know us enough Big Grin

(April 28, 2012 at 2:20 pm)deciple Wrote: that are clearly unable to think about anything that questions their beliefs and are masters of diversion.

Strange that you would say that considering that most on here know more arguments for and against than most theists. It just turns out that there is no convincing argument for. :/

As far as masters of diversion Ima thinking NINJAS!!!!

(April 28, 2012 at 2:20 pm)deciple Wrote: It has strengthend my faith to no end to see how the other side treats outsiders.

May I refer you to your first comment I quoted?

(April 28, 2012 at 2:20 pm)deciple Wrote: I defy any of you to go to a christian forum and ask honest questions and see what kind of response you will get.

Ive asked many honest questions of many theists in many ways on the internet and in person. I have never been given a satisfying answer to anything I have asked.

(April 28, 2012 at 2:20 pm)deciple Wrote: Christians are far from perfect but we are not as a whole the intolerant, bigoted, narrow minded people that your people paint us as.

Ill let the catholic church know so they can stop trying to oppose gay rights Wink

I get what your saying the people are mostly good but the religion and organization of religion is bad. What good do churches do that an atheist group could not? And you can't forget the past of when religion had power, those were not exactly the fun days..

(April 28, 2012 at 2:20 pm)deciple Wrote: I wish each of you the best in life. Peace im outtie.

I wish you the same. <3
cool. bye!
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
10 bucks says that turd will come back up the toilet!

[Image: Evolution.png]

Who was that guy?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello fellow thinkers Breakable 67 12445 September 19, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hello fellow true thinkers darkwood 22 6793 July 23, 2014 at 8:48 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Hello I am new here. I am an ex christian and here are some of my beliefs p90powa 23 6685 June 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Pandas United
  Hope this is where the thinkers are Hyper-Space Rubik 19 5232 April 28, 2012 at 4:23 am
Last Post: Violet