Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:57 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky Derby picks?
Kentucky Derby picks?
anybody have any favorites/picks for the 138th annual kentucky derby this weekend? i'm liking Take Charge Indy (15-1) because calvin borel is in the stirrups.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
RE: Kentucky Derby picks?
I hate horse racing. It is a vile sport.
serious? or are you fucking with me - again?
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
Nope not fucking with you. I find it to be a cruel and pointless sport.

http://www.horsedeathwatch.com/

And that's just for the UK.

Sorry, guess I just took a giant turd on your thread huh.
(May 3, 2012 at 6:15 pm)Napoleon Wrote: Nope not fucking with you. I find it to be a cruel and pointless sport.

http://www.horsedeathwatch.com/

And that's just for the UK.

Sorry, guess I just took a giant turd on your thread huh.

no shit you did! lol.

it's a legit gripe tho, 38% (the site claims) is ridiculously high casualty rate. won't stop me from watchin or betting, but i'd have to think how many of our big stakes races lose horses. i remember 2 being put down on the track in the past about 10yrs. there is a local stable here that will buy them and rehab them to live out a full life. i think that's cool.
(May 3, 2012 at 6:00 pm)jackman Wrote: anybody have any favorites/picks for the 138th annual kentucky derby this weekend? i'm liking Take Charge Indy (15-1) because calvin borel is in the stirrups.

You bet on horses? If I knew the murkan races, and horses, I'd make a guess and tell you my picks, but I generally bet on Turkish races, generally, although I do not do so anymore, as this did cost me some money in the past.
Gambling is probably the worst vice one could ever have, I intend not to start again.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(May 3, 2012 at 6:46 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:
(May 3, 2012 at 6:00 pm)jackman Wrote: anybody have any favorites/picks for the 138th annual kentucky derby this weekend? i'm liking Take Charge Indy (15-1) because calvin borel is in the stirrups.

You bet on horses? If I knew the murkan races, and horses, I'd make a guess and tell you my picks, but I generally bet on Turkish races, generally, although I do not do so anymore, as this did cost me some money in the past.
Gambling is probably the worst vice one could ever have, I intend not to start again.

ok cool. yeah, gambling is not a great vice, but i have gotten it under control and bet more for the excitement, than actual gain. even if i bet $1 on something, it makes watching it more fun for me. horses, football, fighting/boxing, cards and dice are pretty much my arenas. i'd like to hear your picks ... the line-up is http://www.kentuckyderby.com/horses
(May 3, 2012 at 6:25 pm)jackman Wrote: it's a legit gripe tho, 38% (the site claims) is ridiculously high casualty rate. won't stop me from watchin or betting, but i'd have to think how many of our big stakes races lose horses. i remember 2 being put down on the track in the past about 10yrs. there is a local stable here that will buy them and rehab them to live out a full life. i think that's cool.

We had the grand national over here a few weeks ago and 2 of the horses were put down (they are listed on that site). A year before that 2 more were destroyed.

I just don't understand why things have been done for animal rights in things like circuses, animal bating, fox hunting etc, but for some reason horse racing is seemingly overlooked. Horse deaths are not a small problem, it's a regular occurrence.

IMO I don't enjoy sports where the competitors have no choice in actually participating.
gotcha. so, are you willing to look at the line-up that i linked and make some picks just for fun? or just pick three random numbers between 1 and 20, for say, a lottery of sorts? :-D
(May 3, 2012 at 7:13 pm)jackman Wrote: are you willing to look at the line-up that i linked and make some picks

I guess it's not really going to stop people from betting anyway.

I'd choose the grey. My grandmother usually bets on them religiously and the winner of the grand national here this year was one.