Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 6:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Healthy Sceptic Here
Healthy Sceptic Here
Hello everyone.

I've considered myself to be a strong atheist for several years now. I used to be indifferent to the whole evolution vs creationism "debate", as I simply viewed Creationism as a handful of crackpot paranoid loonies that nobody took seriously. However when I realized how big the Creationist disinformation campaign has become I felt I needed to educate myself and call Creationists out on their bullshit. I always loved science, but I didn't do that well in school and missed out on an opportunity for a career in science.

Anyway, it would be nice to here from fellow freethinkers. I wrote an article on my views on the whole creationist and evolution "debate" (or lack of one) and trying to expose Creationist lies and fallacies. I was wondering if any of you guys could read it and make sure the information in it is accurate?
RE: Healthy Sceptic Here
Welcome. Watch your step, lest you step in the bullshit. It occasionally gets deep around here.
Welcome Big Grin

We all love to expose creationist bullshit, so you have come to the right place.
Welcome. We have some voluntary quarry hanging about. Have at them!
Welcome Jovian
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
I am also new, but welcome!
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
[Image: pic_12236985650464.jpg]

Howdy.
Hello and welcome! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome to the forums, Jovian.

I used to debate a bloke named Jovian on the Undernet IRC network, many moons ago.

<Meson> Were you once a Christian, Jovian?

<Jovian> I suspect I was at once.

<Meson> What changed, Jovian?

<Jovian> I got educated.

<Meson> Explain

<Jovian> Education taught me to not believe in myths.

<Ryft> When did you stop being a Christian, as it were?

<Jovian> you want a date?

<Ryft> An approximate one.

<Jovian> probably 20 years ago.

<Ryft> Great, thank you. And you are now how old?

<Jovian> 40 something Smile

<Ryft> Okay, good. This, then, explains a great deal.

<Jovian> really? A great deal? like what?

<Ryft> You spent the first half of your life, notably through the most formative years, as an uneducated myth-believing simpleton. It makes abundant sense how you would fall into atheism.

<MrDav> lol
Man is a rational animal who always loses his temper when
called upon to act in accordance with the dictates of reason.
(Oscar Wilde)
Welcome Jovian Smile
I respect you too much to believe that you could possibly hold those ridiculous beliefs. - Richard Dawkins, 2012

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello I am new here. I am an ex christian and here are some of my beliefs p90powa 23 6675 June 2, 2013 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: Pandas United
  multilingual travelling sceptic! hyperpolyglotte 6 2152 September 9, 2009 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Violet
  new to this forum and antisipating some healthy discussions peregrine 7 2191 January 19, 2009 at 5:19 pm
Last Post: Tiberius