Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 4:22 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expensive houses of well known televangelists
Expensive houses of well known televangelists
Here are some lovely photos of the ultra luxurious homes of some well known televangelists. http://preesi.lefora.com/2010/10/25/the-...angelists/

I swear If I had no conscience or common decency, no feelings for the sufferings of other people, I'd go into to the religion business.
And this is how they get away with it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKpONH7hF...r_embedded#!
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Expensive houses of well known televangelists
Sickening. Tax evasion, profiting off the gullible and riling up tensions between races.

Quote:In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.
Why are the religious so obsessed with mansions?
Hey, doesn't that Terry something or other douche who railed against homosexuality while fucking male prostitutes live in a house paid for by his newest congregation? I wouldn't say it is insanely expensive, but that cocksucker (hehe) lives better than most Americans and he's a complete and utter bullshit artist.
(May 7, 2012 at 12:29 pm)Shell B Wrote: Hey, doesn't that Terry something or other douche who railed against homosexuality while fucking male prostitutes live in a house paid for by his newest congregation? I wouldn't say it is insanely expensive, but that cocksucker (hehe) lives better than most Americans and he's a complete and utter bullshit artist.

That cock was put in his mouth by Satan.

But yes, it's amazing that people will still follow these people even after it's been demonstrated that they're frauds.
(May 7, 2012 at 11:59 am)Welsh cake Wrote: Sickening. Tax evasion, profiting off the gullible and riling up tensions between races.

Quote:In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.
Why are the religious so obsessed with mansions?

At least Doreen can sing about this with style. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhKqZUe0_...re=related
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

Evangelists and missonaries...I know of imams that sleep on the rugs of the mosque for the night, while people like that asshole receive private donations and etc. and live in luxury houses like that.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(May 7, 2012 at 12:29 pm)Shell B Wrote: Hey, doesn't that Terry something or other douche who railed against homosexuality while fucking male prostitutes live in a house paid for by his newest congregation? I wouldn't say it is insanely expensive, but that cocksucker (hehe) lives better than most Americans and he's a complete and utter bullshit artist.

That would be Ted Haggard.
undefined
New information: An investigation. Every decade or so there's an investigation of the more popular televangelists. This time around was more pathetic than normal. Here are the articles. Huffington post: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/08...06202.html CNN: http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/07...ed/?hpt=T2

Here's the conclusion to a 3 year investigation: "The staff review sets the stage for a comprehensive discussion among churches and religious organizations," Grassley said in a prepared statement. "I look forward to helping facilitate this dialogue and fostering an environment for self-reform within the community."

"The number and types of entities, including private airports and aircraft leasing companies, raises concerns about the use of the church's tax-exempt status to avoid taxation. However, given the four churches' refusal to provide tax information, we are unable to determine whether and the extent to which they are reporting and paying taxes on income earned in those entities," the review states.

Here's another quote: Long responded in a statement Thursday night, "I am relieved that after more than three years of intense investigation and countless untrue allegations, that Senator Chuck Grassley's review has found no evidence of wrongdoing. Our ministry at New Birth has always and will continue to operate with accountability and integrity. I am thankful to God that the public now knows the truth."

If I were paranoid (and I am) I would venture to say that the lovely senator was paid to "not find anything".

I also wonder how much money was spent to make the senator's investigation threatening enough to require pay offs.

Just a little paranoia. I don't trust these guys as far as I can throw them.

Self-reform within the community? Are there really people out there that are this naive?
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(May 11, 2012 at 3:05 pm)Faith No More Wrote: Self-reform within the community? Are there really people out there that are this naive?

That's what I thought. If the one's who preach morality can't be moral themselves, and if Jesus himself is too busy to come down and over turn a few tables then how do these people think the televangelists will suddenly decide to regulate themselves. Has it ever happened in the past? No.

I swear the "investigation was just a way to skim from the government and bully televangelists for bribes.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  John Oliver on Televangelists. Brian37 10 1025 September 17, 2021 at 5:10 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Again??? This is why Jesus keeps well away Cyberman 25 5139 September 18, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Did you know the movies God's Not Dead 1 and 2 did well at Box Office? Renug 12 4455 May 30, 2017 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Well this is awkward. Mudhammam 5 1670 January 16, 2015 at 5:54 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Believe in hell? well you might want to stop dyresand 6 3089 January 14, 2015 at 3:31 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why god cannot heal amputees? Well... he did, once. TheBigOhMan 34 18354 June 12, 2013 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: little_monkey
  Well done Idaho downbeatplumb 11 3037 September 17, 2011 at 12:00 am
Last Post: Rokcet Scientist
  Atheists: If God suddenly made his presence known... would you shit bricks? Loki_999 45 16399 November 20, 2010 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris