Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obama Endorses Gay Marriage
Obama Endorses Gay Marriage
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/obama-se...l-16312904 for video

Quote: "I have to tell you that over the course of several years as I have talked to friends and family and neighbors when I think about members of my own staff who are in incredibly committed monogamous relationships, same-sex relationships, who are raising kids together, when I think about those soldiers or airmen or marines or sailors who are out there fighting on my behalf and yet feel constrained, even now that Don’t Ask Don’t Tell is gone, because they are not able to commit themselves in a marriage, at a certain point I’ve just concluded that for me personally it is important for me to go ahead and affirm that I think same sex couples should be able to get married."

Quote: “It’s interesting, some of this is also generational. You know when I go to college campuses, sometimes I talk to college Republicans who think that I have terrible policies on the economy, on foreign policy, but are very clear that when it comes to same sex equality or, you know, believe in equality. They are much more comfortable with it. You know, Malia and Sasha, they have friends whose parents are same-sex couples. There have been times where Michelle and I have been sitting around the dinner table and we’re talking about their friends and their parents and Malia and Sasha, it wouldn’t dawn on them that somehow their friends’ parents would be treated differently. It doesn’t make sense to them and frankly, that’s the kind of thing that prompts a change in perspective.”
RE: Obama Endorses Gay Marriage
Gay parents are also 100% invested in their children unlike most opposite sex parents. Most kids are accidents are as treated as such in a time of their life that is most critical. What they have to do to receive children is always a choice and predetermined decision, no accidents.
"Its not what your looking at that matters, its what you see." -Henry David Thoreau
♪Oh, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get Lost in my mind Lost in my Mind Yes, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get lost I get lost Oh, I get♪ -The Head and the Heart
"You are wise, witty and wonderful, but you spend too much time reading this sort of stuff.”- Frank Crane
(May 9, 2012 at 5:58 pm)C Rod Wrote: Gay parents are also 100% invested in their children unlike most opposite sex parents. Most kids are accidents are as treated as such in a time of their life that is most critical. What they have to do to receive children is always a choice and predetermined decision, no accidents.

Gay parents need to be invested into their children due to public opinion. They cannot afford to be "bad parents".
But at the end, they are still not parents, just people who buy the child they adopted a lot of toys, cell phones and material things.
I wonder how some people come to hate their adoptive parents after finding out they were adopted, and think of how it will work out if the child learns that his adoptive parents are people that you would be reluctant to talk about to your friends!
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
They shouldn't care what other people think resides as a manifestation in there home and is nothing but love to them.
Gay parents have to do so much to have a kid, there are no accidents for them becoming parents. They are fully invested in that choice because of how much they put it in. Opposite sex partners having sex for pleasure accidentally have a condemn break and now they got a kid they don't want. Its not public opinion, they actually want to have kids, do you know what they have to do to adopt and much time, money , effort goes into their decision, a decision they don't even need.
"Its not what your looking at that matters, its what you see." -Henry David Thoreau
♪Oh, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get Lost in my mind Lost in my Mind Yes, I get lost in my mind Lost, I get lost I get lost I get lost Oh, I get♪ -The Head and the Heart
"You are wise, witty and wonderful, but you spend too much time reading this sort of stuff.”- Frank Crane
(May 9, 2012 at 7:16 pm)C Rod Wrote: They shouldn't care what other people think resides as a manifestation in there home and is nothing but love to them.
Gay parents have to do so much to have a kid, there are no accidents for them becoming parents. They are fully invested in that choice because of how much they put it in. Opposite sex partners having sex for pleasure accidentally have a condemn break and now they got a kid they don't want. Its not public opinion, they actually want to have kids, do you know what they have to do to adopt and much time, money , effort goes into their decision, a decision they don't even need.
They need it, certainly. They need it to feel normal. I can't really think about anything else. They can have all the kids they want with a normal woman, through a normal marriage for all I care.
But why really have them as a couple? They simply want to defy and mock the laws of the society.

Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
They are not attracted to women. Why have a child you really want and raise him in a home with a spouse you do not really love. They want to be equal, and it seems they are doing a better job at being parents anyways.
(May 9, 2012 at 7:29 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: They simply want to defy and mock the laws of the society.
No... They just want to be treated like the rest of society.
(May 9, 2012 at 7:38 pm)Matt231 Wrote:
(May 9, 2012 at 7:29 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: They simply want to defy and mock the laws of the society.
No... They just want to be treated like the rest of society.

I guess we just said the same thing.
There is a definitive standard to how you can actually be treated as the "rest" of the society which is according to a certain norm of formal conduct.
Gays obviously wish to transcend these norms, and want to be treated the same way while practicing their sexual deviancy that is in opposite to the norms that I've described above.
(May 9, 2012 at 8:25 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote:
(May 9, 2012 at 7:38 pm)Matt231 Wrote: No... They just want to be treated like the rest of society.

I guess we just said the same thing.
There is a definitive standard to how you can actually be treated as the "rest" of the society which is according to a certain norm of formal conduct.
Gays obviously wish to transcend these norms, and want to be treated the same way while practicing their sexual deviancy that is in opposite to the norms that I've described above.
Just because it's a norm, doesn't make it right. Sometimes norms need to be challenged for us to advance. Look at women. It was once a norm for women to stay at home and not work. We've moved past that, and society is much better because of it. They don't want to transcend anything. They just want to be treated like human beings.
(May 9, 2012 at 8:37 pm)Matt231 Wrote:
(May 9, 2012 at 8:25 pm)kılıç_mehmet Wrote: I guess we just said the same thing.
Just because it's a norm, doesn't make it right. Sometimes norms need to be challenged for us to advance. Look at women. It was once a norm for women to stay at home and not work. We've moved past that, and society is much better because of it. They don't want to transcend anything. They just want to be treated like human beings.
Well, there is no advancement to be gained by allowing gays to marry.
And I'd generally speak for myself when evaluating the role of women in society. In our society, women have worked and have gone to war with men.
But never ever have we allowed such ridiculous ideas like allowing homosexuals to resurface and get married throughout our 2000 years of history. Meaning, there are some norms around the earth, that do not change.
Like for example, not sleeping with your close relatives, that is a norm and a taboo in most societies, yes? Let's move beyond that one?
IF you are going to challenge one norm, challenge each and everyone of them, limitless one!
I think that this blind devotion you people have to this cause causes you to speak of things that really makes no sense.
Rainbow crusaders, a fitting name.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1199 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1086 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Transgenderism versus Interracial Marriage. Jehanne 3 497 April 18, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Justice Obama? BrianSoddingBoru4 33 1442 August 26, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Michelle Obama Crushes It BrianSoddingBoru4 32 1472 August 19, 2020 at 11:00 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1490 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Obama Eulogizes Elijah Cummings AFTT47 2 538 October 26, 2019 at 3:01 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Elizabeth Warren On Marriage Equality BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1511 October 15, 2019 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  AP: Obama's nose is growing John V 113 8893 September 17, 2018 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Conservative Asskisser Wants Obama Back Minimalist 8 1951 July 20, 2018 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: A Theist