Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 11:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Abrahamic religions and burning
The Abrahamic religions and burning
What is it with modern Abrahamic religions and burning people in hell, I swear at-least half what to see people who are not like them burn forever in a the spiritual equivalent of a Furness. it like there pyromaniac and are almost happy to see others burning in this Furness. This people must be fucking sick in the head but wound be treated because its there religion, there deeply disturbed pyromaniacs and sadomasochistic. also this is considered the norm? what kind of fucked up world is this?
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: The Abrahamic religions and burning
Limited tools available in the lifetimes of those who authored the tales. Consider that the flames of hell-fire and judgement had largely morphed into nuclear apocalypse by our lifetimes. Burning once ranked as one of (if not the most) violent and painful way to go. We've since advanced our ability to inflict pain upon each other, beliefs have shifted accordingly (though for many, that long lived and ancestral fear/fixation with the flame remains).
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(May 11, 2012 at 4:48 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote: What is it with modern Abrahamic religions and burning people in hell, I swear at-least half what to see people who are not like them burn forever in a the spiritual equivalent of a Furness. it like there pyromaniac and are almost happy to see others burning in this Furness. This people must be fucking sick in the head but wound be treated because its there religion, there deeply disturbed pyromaniacs and sadomasochistic. also this is considered the norm? what kind of fucked up world is this?

I don't think that fire is the only thing that awaits you down there.
Fire is just a metaphor, as burning wounds are probably the worst, and most painful wounds out there, fire was used as a metaphor to indicate something very, very, very painful.
Hell, is the place of pain. Fire, on the other hand has been used in context with "the lake of fire" which is a different place from hell, often dubbed "the second death", after which those who go there will cease to exist forever. Hell, however, guarantees the exact opposite of heaven. You will exist forever, but instead of the euphoria of heaven, there will be unspeakable pain there.
How and by whom this pain will be inflicted, who could say?
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
Fire is a pretty easily rateable bit of imagery, the vast majority of humankind can relate to it regardless of culture.

Its not just used as a metaphor for Hell though, it is used as a metaphor for the Holy Spirit, ministry, the word of God, etc.
Mary Immaculate, star of the morning
Chosen before the creation began
Chosen to bring for your bridal adorning
Woe to the serpent and rescue to man.

Sinners, we honor your sinless perfection;
Fallen and weak, for your pity we plead;
Grand us the shield of your sovereign protection,
Measure your aid by the depth of our need.

Bend from your throne at the voice of our crying,
Bend to this earth which your footsteps have trod;
Stretch out your arms to us, living and dying,
Mary Immaculate, Mother of God.

Heart
What is with Christianity and Islam and burning in Hell you mean? Actually I am not clear on the Moslem aspects of Hell beyond that it is only temporary...any Moslem experts please clarify.

The Christian view is based off the Greek version of Tartarus.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Abrahamic God technically an incel? Woah0 2 508 August 29, 2022 at 2:13 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
Smile Interesting correlation between God and light in major world religions... Ajay0 17 1818 May 24, 2019 at 4:10 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  To all religions/What makes you think...... Brian37 22 2705 February 26, 2019 at 8:46 am
Last Post: no one
  Abrahamic roots of racism, which one is worst Sammin 2 1145 October 6, 2018 at 10:09 am
Last Post: brewer
  Religions Role in Social Movements, Essential or Accidental? Neo-Scholastic 17 3442 October 4, 2018 at 3:58 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Are all religions cults? Aroura 88 10938 September 30, 2018 at 1:41 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Why do some believers claim that all religions are just as good? Der/die AtheistIn 22 3693 June 25, 2018 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  Why do the Abrahamic religions hate the female body so much? Rhondazvous 84 10548 June 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Should Governments regulate fraudulent religions? Greatest I am 37 12775 March 23, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: Succubus
  How I view all the world's religions. Brian37 0 596 March 22, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Brian37