Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 3:08 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
if god is real then...
if god is real then...
If God is real then who created god? and there no possible why he could have always existed.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: if god is real then...
(May 12, 2012 at 2:56 pm)Gooders1002 Wrote: If God is real then who created god? and there no possible why he could have always existed.

It's the same argument with the creationists, if someone/something created life, then who created that creator?
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

Carl Sagan is (was..) the man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag6fH8cU-MU

Too bad that fundies don't listen to reason.. Sad
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

[Image: in_the_beginning_atheist_bumper_sticker-...sk_400.jpg]
This is like the oldest argument against the existence of God. It's mostly a futile argument I'm afraid because theists think God existed eternally outside of time where cause and effect are meaningless.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
There is no limit to the amount of stupid shit theists can up with to say about their invisible sky-daddy.
You can ask this question for anything that exists. It's always felt like a meaningless question to me.
Same argument over the existence of the universe. What created the Big Bang and what if anything existed in the time prior?
(May 18, 2012 at 9:14 pm)Polaris Wrote: Same argument over the existence of the universe. What created the Big Bang and what if anything existed in the time prior?

What makes you think there was a "time prior"?
(May 18, 2012 at 9:14 pm)Polaris Wrote: Same argument over the existence of the universe. What created the Big Bang and what if anything existed in the time prior?

There was no 'before' the big bang. Time did not exist. Also what created the big bang? Perhaps quantum mechanics (another law of nature) is what allows the universe to simply pop into existence. Photons pop in and out of existence all the time, and the universe was once smaller than a photon.

See? We don't need a god to explain it. Tongue

Krauss explains it well and so does Stephen Hawking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ImvlS8PLIo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-jQUHUF1...re=related
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What is a theist other then the basic definition? Quill01 4 710 August 1, 2022 at 11:16 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  If God of Abraham is true, then why didnt he use his intelligent design to make a new Roeki 129 44810 July 9, 2017 at 2:11 am
Last Post: Astonished
  If God created all the good things around us then it means he created all EVIL too ErGingerbreadMandude 112 20771 March 3, 2017 at 9:53 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  If Life is Meaningless Anyway, then What's Wrong with Religion? InquiringMind 348 44009 October 2, 2016 at 6:20 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Why Zeus is more real than the Christian God.... maestroanth 4 1801 May 5, 2016 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Is God really real or are people simply deluded? RobertE 117 18120 March 14, 2015 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Real God Christian 83 13114 October 28, 2014 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19339 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  BREAKING NEWS!!!! Islamic counties have more then 1 Book Gooders1002 6 2212 March 17, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  If god were real... Baalzebutt 126 34734 April 3, 2013 at 11:08 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger