Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 12:50 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New guy alert.
New guy alert.
Howdy gang.

Recently some new members joined my usual forum from here, and I've heard good things, so I decided to come on over and meet you guys!

My story's not all that exciting, so I'll keep it short. Although I come from a Christian family, my parents never took it all that seriously, and I've been an atheist pretty much since I was old enough to have the inclination to consider god. Religion never did make sense to me. No deconversion or anything like that.

Aside from being an atheist, I'm also a husband, dad, and farmer. I'm a good friend to the few that I choose to be close with, and I'm a bit of a tree hugger. Aw shoot, who am I kidding. I'm a big tree hugger! Lol. These are the kinds of things that make me who I am. When I meet someone new, the last thing I do is tell them I am an atheist. It's not a shame thing, or even to avoid confrontation, it,s just that being an atheist is a very small piece of the puzzle that is me.

Guess that about covers it.
RE: New guy alert.
(May 14, 2012 at 10:05 am)Stark Raving Wrote: Aside from being an atheist, I'm also a husband, dad, and farmer.

Interesting, you, yourself and you are an atheist trinity.
Welcome. Thanks for the agricultural products.
Welcome to the Forums.

I hope you enjoy it here, it gets a bit rabid at times, but fun nonetheless.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
(May 14, 2012 at 10:34 am)NoMoreFaith Wrote: it gets a bit rabid at times

There are shots for that Smile
(May 14, 2012 at 10:50 am)Phil Wrote: There are shots for that Smile
Well, we tried a steady course of logic injections, but the targets immune system always rejected it before it reached the required areas of the brain.

After that, we resorted to evidence pills, but they required the target not to blinded by staring at the sky for too long.

I'm starting to think we should resort to the placebo of deism so at least they don't hurt anyone.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Welcome.
Hello and welcome to the forums! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome, welcome. :3
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Welcome! Hi

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New guy here Roykok 8 1098 November 10, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hello Reptiles. Troll Alert! jury 19 3486 September 11, 2017 at 4:27 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  New guy DarkerEnergy 21 2142 January 18, 2017 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello, new guy here Casca 13 2119 October 14, 2016 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  A new guy SuperSlayer 17 1941 July 2, 2016 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: Spirian
  New Guy Here. Hello. The Atheist 27 3157 March 30, 2016 at 4:50 pm
  New Guy on the Block Rebel 9 1732 October 16, 2015 at 10:01 pm
  New guy Muad·Dib 39 6752 July 19, 2015 at 6:19 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Hello! New guy on the block here~~~ Preston Tsunami 11 1635 April 30, 2015 at 6:06 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  New Guy Here! GuardianAtheist 19 2399 April 22, 2015 at 12:01 pm
Last Post: ajarnfalang