Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 10:42 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
God is a Girl?
God is a Girl?
Recently I over heard some mutual acquaintances of mine discussing the idea of god being a female. My first thought was "Okay, assuming god exists, why would she make everyone of her gender be oppressed for thousands of years and still allow them to be oppressed today?" Later I revisited the topic in my mind: "Well its quite clear that whatever god is, it is not benevolent or at least it is apathetic to people's suffering. In fetal development, humans start out as female and either stay that way or then become male. Its also true that god is the spiritual embodiment of the emotional political archetype (a reference to Plato's philosophy on politics, where he states that the three fundamental archetypes for political leaders are "greed driven" "emotion driven" or "Knowledge driven".) and so of course females tend to be more emotional, or rather more likely and better at expressing their emotions."

So there it is. If god was more than a concept created by cave men for fear of the fact that the universe is a chaotic desolace, and it had a gender, I think it would be a female. Any thoughts?
RE: God is a Girl?
Gender serves the purpose of reproduction. Why would "god" have a gender?
Well, assuming there was a Christian god and the god was female, the writers of the book were such womanhaters, they might've changed it to the "superior" male sex.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(May 14, 2012 at 6:37 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: Gender serves the purpose of reproduction. Why would "god" have a gender?

Maybe the gods are actually a race of powerful beings. Every time a god is born a new universe is created. Or something like that.

Tongue
(May 14, 2012 at 6:37 pm)Paul the Human Wrote: Gender serves the purpose of reproduction. Why would "god" have a gender?

Because god was imagined by desert goat fuckers to be a real dick.

Can you believe it? Can you receive it?
Before I went atheist, I always thought God was female because only females are capable of directly producing life, and thought that most people were stupid because they refused to accept this. Eventually I realized that most people were just stupid for believing in God.
"Sisters, you know only the north; I have traveled in the south lands. There are churches there, believe me, that cut their children too, as the people of Bolvangar did--not in the same way, but just as horribly. They cut their sexual organs, yes, both boys and girls; they cut them with knives so that they shan't feel. That is what the Church does, and every church is the same: control, destroy, obliterate every good feeling. So if a war comes, and the Church is on one side of it, we must be on the other, no matter what strange allies we find ourselves bound to."

-Ruta Skadi, The Subtle Knife
If God was a woman, that would certainly explain the mood swings you see in the Bible.
My ignore list

"The lord doesn't work in mysterious ways, but in ways that are indistinguishable from his nonexistence."
-- George Yorgo Veenhuyzen quoted by John W. Loftus in The End of Christianity (p. 103).
(May 14, 2012 at 6:51 pm)Chuck Wrote:

Because god was imagined by desert goat fuckers to be a real dick.

Just like them!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19346 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie
  Stop buying lesbian Girl Scout cookies IAmNotHere 30 6759 November 14, 2013 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Why God is not a girl... Ciel_Rouge 56 15686 August 29, 2012 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Cinjin
  Pakistan disabled girl arrested for blasphemy frankiej 36 11881 August 24, 2012 at 11:29 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused