Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove EvidenceVsFaith
Remove EvidenceVsFaith
EvidenceVsFaith is a super moderator who is indisputably a moron. So many of his posts are nothing but spam, consisting only of "Lol", "lmao!" and other unnecessary comments. He very scarcely contributes any well thought out opinion and, through his overuse of the reply button, devalues this whole community. It gives the impression that AtheistForums.org is a place where quantity is vital, there is no quality in any of his opinions or responses, and it reflects extremely poorly.

I, for one, did not sign up after reading literally hundreds of posts by EvF in which he simply was spamming his uneducated, poorly constructed opinions and spurious comments. This community would be better served by moderators who are actually concerned with up keeping some form of quality control and those who contribute interesting and unique insights instead of rehashing arguments hundreds of times over, misunderstanding and misrepresenting concepts and simply spamming for the sake of a post count.

It is my recommendation that EvF is not only stripped of all administrative responsibilities, but that he is also reprimanded for his behaviour which has done absolutely nothing to maintain a quality, interesting community.

If you disagree with me, please do me a favour and click this link: http://atheistforums.org/user-54.html then click find all posts, read a few and see for yourself.

Cheers.
RE: Remove EvidenceVsFaith
ROFLOL
"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful with out having to believe there are fairies at the bottom of it to?" -Douglas Adams.Heart
Pastafarian
I Evolved!
Well now, - that was entertaining!!

EvF
(June 8, 2009 at 10:30 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Well now, - that was entertaining!!

EvF

EvF, your response achieves absolutely nothing other than to further demonstrate my point.
(June 8, 2009 at 10:41 pm)Bef Wrote:
(June 8, 2009 at 10:30 pm)EvidenceVsFaith Wrote: Well now, - that was entertaining!!

EvF

EvF, your response achieves absolutely nothing other than to further demonstrate my point.

And your response to my response is even more pointless than my response, and yet - entertains me further Tongue

EvF
(June 8, 2009 at 10:41 pm)Bef Wrote: EvF, your response achieves absolutely nothing other than to further demonstrate my point.

Ev can be a bit wordy at times but his points tend to be well thought out and interesting to read ... that he is a "super moderator" shows that TPTB have a degree of respect for him that you have yet to earn.

Personally I think your post demonstrates your own idiocy and if you didn't "sign up" for it I suggest you go somewhere else Confusedhock:

Kyu
Angry Atheism
Where those who are hacked off with the stupidity of irrational belief can vent their feelings!
Come over to the dark side, we have cookies!

Kyuuketsuki, AngryAtheism Owner & Administrator
I read through many threads prior to deciding to join the forum. In doing so, I have read a substantial number of posts by EvF. Not once in reading those posts did I ever think, "this person is indisputably a moron." Certainly, there are posts where EvF misunderstands or misrepresents (never intentionally I think), but I haven't read one contributor to this forum who hasn't done the same. Isn't that the entire point of the forums-- to engage in a dialogue to better understand?

I find it interesting that your first post is to attempt to remove someone who has made an earnest effort to contribute to the forum and to lecture him about the value of such contributions. You, like me, have not contibuted anything to this community. Perhaps you should try adding value first, before attempting to destroy the work of others.
Atheism leaves a man to sense, to philosophy, to natural piety, to laws, to reputation; all of which may be guides to an outward moral virtue, even if religion vanished; but religious superstition dismounts all these and erects an absolute monarchy in the minds of men. - Francis Bacon
I should make the point that the owner of this forum asked me on several occasions to join, so I spent a considerable amount of time reading through posts to see if I would be interested in contributing to this community. When I told him I was not interested and gave my reasons, he asked me to share those thoughts here so that others could consider them.
LOL, I think of you the same I think of people who advertise with their first post. I have had many good times with EvF and could really care less about short posts that don't make a point. Even simply posting 'lmao' voices an opinion.

Maybe if you give us a reason to think that we should care we might listen to you, however if we were concerned about a members behaviour it would not take a random stranger coming in and telling us 'baww this guy makes posts too short and I don't like him baww' to make us strip him of status and reprimand him for behaviour.

In shorter words: If we gave even half a crap we would have already done what we thought was appropriate.

I have spent enough words on you, come back when you have something to contribute that is not trying to form a lynch mob against another member. Until then I really couldn't care less.
http://ca.youtube.com/user/DemonAuraProductions - Check out my videos if you have spare time.
Agnostic
Atheist
I Evolved!
(June 9, 2009 at 5:01 am)Bef Wrote: I should make the point that the owner of this forum asked me on several occasions to join, so I spent a considerable amount of time reading through posts to see if I would be interested in contributing to this community. When I told him I was not interested and gave my reasons, he asked me to share those thoughts here so that others could consider them.

Well then I disagree with the owner. If you have a problem with the writing style or opinions of another member whether he/she is a moderator or not you should take it up with him or her, not start of your first posting with a witch hunt.

If you don't want to participate in a forum because of the opinions or writing style of a user, that is your problem not mine.
Best regards,
Leo van Miert
Horsepower is how hard you hit the wall --Torque is how far you take the wall with you
Pastafarian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remove Vulgar Thread Titles Neo-Scholastic 191 17229 March 20, 2018 at 1:41 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Please remove the gender identifier. Pyrrho 48 7776 May 27, 2015 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Petition to remove the right-wing fascist, elitist, racist admin "Tiberius" Atheist Anarchist 96 28034 April 22, 2012 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Petition to remove the anarchist, elitist, annoying user "Atheist Anarchist" R-e-n-n-a-t 16 7179 April 1, 2012 at 11:57 am
Last Post: houseofcantor