Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"I think that my baby was sold"
"I think that my baby was sold"
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-18563_162-57...s-history/

Excerpt:

Quote:One prosecution -- of a now 80-year old nun -- is already underway. Sister Maria is accused taking a child from its mother and is suspected of being part of a ring that moved thousands of babies from what it saw as loose-moraled families to more desirable, more Catholic families.

Now, does anyone here think that the Catholic church has any moral foundation at all?
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
RE: "I think that my baby was sold"
Compared to the kind of morals the church was first formed on, this is nothing. Secular society itself has just moved forward at a faster rate. To be expected when you don't cling to a stationary set of beliefs.
Why am I not surprised? Tongue
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(May 18, 2012 at 8:26 am)orogenicman Wrote: Now, does anyone here think that the Catholic church has any moral foundation at all?

Didn't think they had any to begin with. Undecided
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
They sell babies? They'll be cursed for life. That is only what a...well you know, would do.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
What a fuckin shock ... the catholic church is at the center of some horrible human atrocity. How completely and totally unbelievable.

Hey thanx jesus for giving your true believers all that awesome inner peace. Next time ... stay home fucker!
[Image: Evolution.png]

Quote:this is nothing.

It's not "nothing," its just slightly less brutal than they were originally.
From an article linked to the one in the OP.

Quote:What was the motivation for the abductions? There are plenty of theories. One is that the children of parents thought to be morally wanting -- maybe single mothers, maybe left-leaning politically -- were prime targets to be moved to more politically correct (right-wing, Catholic) families.

But the dominant theory is more basic than that: money.

You have to be pretty goddamn greedy to steal someone's child and sell it, but the Catholic church has never been short on greed.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tis the season for the magic baby NuclearEnergy 27 4819 December 18, 2017 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Officially sold my "soul" for the second time. Foxaèr 2 1058 January 28, 2017 at 3:49 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The man who sold the world WinterHold 8 2737 May 19, 2016 at 7:14 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  I sold my "soul" Foxaèr 18 3067 April 22, 2015 at 8:58 am
Last Post: vorlon13
Exclamation Rabbi - why sucking a baby's penis in circumcision is good?! Woody68 9 3967 August 31, 2013 at 3:41 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Is a dead baby enough of a wake up call? That guy who asked questions 17 6865 May 31, 2013 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: thesummerqueen
  Born this way, baby Foxaèr 170 47598 March 29, 2013 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: John V
  Despite baby dying after getting herpes, Orthodox rabbis say they’ll defy law. CapnAwesome 22 9223 September 24, 2012 at 11:18 am
Last Post: Creed of Heresy