Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 10:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where's the justice?
Where's the justice?
Two non-Christians are going about their life. They have a dispute that ends in one being killed by the other. The one left alive in his/her later years becomes a Christian.

Now, according to theology, that person is going to heaven. The one who was killed is eternally getting punished. Where's the justice? How does the killer go unpunished like that?
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
RE: Where's the justice?
(May 18, 2012 at 1:10 pm)FallentoReason Wrote: Two non-Christians are going about their life. They have a dispute that ends in one being killed by the other. The one left alive in his/her later years becomes a Christian.

Now, according to theology, that person is going to heaven. The one who was killed is eternally getting punished. Where's the justice? How does the killer go unpunished like that?

Why should there be justice in the Christian myth?
(May 18, 2012 at 1:15 pm)Phil Wrote:
(May 18, 2012 at 1:10 pm)FallentoReason Wrote: Two non-Christians are going about their life. They have a dispute that ends in one being killed by the other. The one left alive in his/her later years becomes a Christian.

Why should there be justice in the Christian myth?

Because like many other claims, this one gets thrown around alot. So here I am asking for the justification.
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" ~ Aristotle
Xtian justice is for xtians only. It's tribal bullshit. What's so complicated?

Like every other religion invented by men it only applies to the ones who pay their dues.
(May 18, 2012 at 1:20 pm)FallentoReason Wrote:
(May 18, 2012 at 1:15 pm)Phil Wrote: Why should there be justice in the Christian myth?

Because like many other claims, this one gets thrown around alot. So here I am asking for the justification.

You're asking for justification? I was under the impression you asked where is the justice.
(May 18, 2012 at 1:27 pm)Phil Wrote:
(May 18, 2012 at 1:20 pm)FallentoReason Wrote: Because like many other claims, this one gets thrown around alot. So here I am asking for the justification.

You're asking for justification? I was under the impression you asked where is the justice.

Yeah, so in the example I gave, what would be the justification of that situation? Or is there none...
(May 18, 2012 at 1:31 pm)FallentoReason Wrote:
(May 18, 2012 at 1:27 pm)Phil Wrote: You're asking for justification? I was under the impression you asked where is the justice.

Yeah, so in the example I gave, what would be the justification of that situation? Or is there none...

Is Christian theology true. IOW, is there a heaven and hell?

Death/murder is the ultimate/unforgivable sin. Denying the Holy Spirit is. the one who died early committed this sin while the one who killed his brother did not.

Justice is served.
Quote:Death/murder is the ultimate/unforgivable sin. Denying the Holy Spirit is. the one who died early committed this sin while the one who killed his brother did not.

Justice is served.

This appears to be complete gobbledygook.

Is murder or refusing god the ultimate sin?

Were you drinking when you posted?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

(May 18, 2012 at 1:49 pm)Drich Wrote: Death/murder is the ultimate/unforgivable sin. Denying the Holy Spirit is.
Which one is the ultimate offence to your god sorry? You've listed two there.

Quote:the one who died early committed this sin while the one who killed his brother did not.
You are your religious beliefs are morally bankrupt but at least you're honest about it.

Quote:Justice is served.
No its not. Tongue

The eternal punishment hasn't run its course because it can't, its a sentence without end. Justice can never be served with your idiotic tribal god because its still being served for all eternity.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The illusion of justice, sin and free will dyresand 17 4292 October 15, 2015 at 10:42 pm
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Where's the Justice? FallentoReason 129 61504 July 17, 2012 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Thor
  Democracy, religion, women and equality. Justice demands affirmative action. Greatest I am 47 23960 February 16, 2012 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Greatest I am
  Is God’s justice close to an eye for an eye? Greatest I am 14 7868 January 15, 2012 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  The justice and mercy of God Freedom 49 28963 December 24, 2011 at 5:47 am
Last Post: Zen Badger
  Satan. Justice delayed is justice denied. Why does God wait? Greatest I am 16 8062 December 21, 2011 at 6:08 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Hell - Where is the idea of justice? Voltair 201 71990 November 27, 2011 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: IATIA
  Social Justice? eric209 25 10381 June 11, 2011 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: Violet