Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 9:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Meeting with Jehovah's Witnesses next Sat
Hey folks,

I need your help. This morning I had an hour discussion with two nice ladies from the local Jehovah’s Witnesses. While it was thoroughly entertaining and a good opportunity to eek out exactly how much propaganda is involved in their spin, I was caught unprepared and so ended up jumping around from evolution to biblical contradictions to authorship of the bible and ended with questions of theodicy. Unfortunately due to time constraints and lack of proper planning I was unable to follow through to conclusion any of my arguments beyond an initial introduction of said arguments. Possible because I wanted to cover everything in 30 min.

While I think I was able plant a few seeds of doubt, I wasn’t all that happy with my tangent ridden session. Don’t get me wrong it was still a blast!. Having said this I am delighted to say they will be returning next week Sat to do a ‘bible study’, which if I decide to record, might be my first youtube upload.

So…I was hoping to get whatever feedback you are able or willing to give. I would like to be in a position to provide a nice overall multi pronged consideration of their views…you know, a bit of everything, a smorgasbord of infidelity.

Any feedback…or not, would be fine…even Christian, Jwits, Jewish or muslim etc.

Cheers
PBT
I don't know how you should go about it, but I'm subscribing to this so I can hear the outcome!
RE: Meeting with Jehovah's Witnesses next Sat
I have read one of their small booklets, and I could say that their views on christianity differ slightly from the mainstream. First and foremost of all, they believe that heaven is a place on earth, literally. There also is a heaven in "heaven", to where only a limited number of people consisting of the different tribes of jews will probably go to, and the rest will live on earth.
Their refusal of blood transfusions is a new thing though, similarly, their refusals to join the military, vote in elections and conform to authority.
I do not think that the early JW's were to harsh about blood donations and acceptance.
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
RE: Meeting with Jehovah's Witnesses next Sat
Look up beforehand about Beth Sarim (to house the resurrected Abraham, Issac and Jacob). Ask them about Jesus return to Earth in 1914 and their MANY failed predictions of the end of the world. Then ask them to explain and don't let up on those points.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclamation Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life, vaahaa 19 2799 September 18, 2017 at 1:46 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Should I approach the Jehovah Witnesses loitering outside of my office? ReptilianPeon 34 5167 January 19, 2016 at 4:47 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The next time someone says their religious text is a literary miracle... ReptilianPeon 4 1710 October 22, 2015 at 3:18 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Jehovah’s seem to be trying to get my 85 year old father into their cult hogwash 23 6017 July 24, 2015 at 12:38 am
Last Post: hogwash
  UK TV show starts next week- Meet The Mormons vodkafan 11 3760 June 23, 2014 at 2:44 am
Last Post: Jenny A
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - thunderhulk 30 7862 December 16, 2013 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Duck Commander Phil Robertson Witnesses the Simple Truth HouseofSeed 2 2234 December 12, 2013 at 9:28 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Here is Practical Explanation about Next Life, Purpose of Human Life - Jaya Jagannath 15 6287 October 19, 2013 at 10:05 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  The Jehovah's Witness Protection Program freedomfromforum 31 7004 August 22, 2013 at 8:03 am
Last Post: gall
  Judge forces Jehovah's Witness parents to allow transfusion for daughter with cancer frankiej 3 2133 June 1, 2012 at 2:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist