Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 6:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Discussion About Potential Rule Change and Staff Action
[split] Discussion About Potential Rule Change and Staff Action
Quote:Oh for fuck sake, you condemned him? Really? You let certain people who will remain nameless get away with murder and you condemn *this* guy?

Nah, since you're going to bitch, why not go ahead and name them? I'll try to ignore that fact that you and I both know you are not privy to all the reports and such that we get and have no basis for comparison.
RE: Baby born with anencephaly to please jesus?
I definitely want to see this list of people that I have let get away with murder

???
[Image: Evolution.png]

(May 25, 2012 at 10:18 pm)Shell B Wrote:
Quote:Oh for fuck sake, you condemned him? Really? You let certain people who will remain nameless get away with murder and you condemn *this* guy?

Nah, since you're going to bitch, why not go ahead and name them? I'll try to ignore that fact that you and I both know you are not privy to all the reports and such that we get and have no basis for comparison.

Was only thinking of one actually and I'll try to ignore the fact in the case I'm refering to you obviously didn't do your job properly, leapt to a snap conclusion, went to ego-con five and made no attempt to read through his posts which were even laid out before you so you didn't have to do any work whatsoever but whatever.
Care to guess which one I'm thinking of? Its not hard really. :-)
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(May 26, 2012 at 6:15 am)RaphielDrake Wrote:
(May 25, 2012 at 10:18 pm)Shell B Wrote: Nah, since you're going to bitch, why not go ahead and name them? I'll try to ignore that fact that you and I both know you are not privy to all the reports and such that we get and have no basis for comparison.

Was only thinking of one actually and I'll try to ignore the fact in the case I'm refering to you obviously didn't do your job properly, leapt to a snap conclusion, went to ego-con five and made no attempt to read through his posts which were even laid out before you so you didn't have to do any work whatsoever but whatever.

Geezzz! Not me I hope Raph! Big Grin
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(May 26, 2012 at 6:39 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote:
(May 26, 2012 at 6:15 am)RaphielDrake Wrote: Was only thinking of one actually and I'll try to ignore the fact in the case I'm refering to you obviously didn't do your job properly, leapt to a snap conclusion, went to ego-con five and made no attempt to read through his posts which were even laid out before you so you didn't have to do any work whatsoever but whatever.

Geezzz! Not me I hope Raph! Big Grin

Ha ha, no. Not you. :-)
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(May 26, 2012 at 6:44 am)RaphielDrake Wrote:
(May 26, 2012 at 6:39 am)KichigaiNeko Wrote: Geezzz! Not me I hope Raph! Big Grin

Ha ha, no. Not you. :-)

Dodgy Bugger...and here I was thinking I was getting a reputation! Tongue
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
(May 26, 2012 at 6:15 am)RaphielDrake Wrote: Was only thinking of one actually and I'll try to ignore the fact in the case I'm refering to you obviously didn't do your job properly, leapt to a snap conclusion, went to ego-con five and made no attempt to read through his posts which were even laid out before you so you didn't have to do any work whatsoever but whatever.

Really? Go ahead and explain to me the case. Because, if I hadn't done my job properly, the rest of the staff would have amended my actions. Furthermore, I never take actions without discussion with the rest of the staff. Therefore, if you don't think it was handled properly, the entire staff is behind it. Thanks for thinking this is a dictatorship, though. I should also point out that I did not Gauntlet Phil. I actually said I wouldn't take any action since I was involved in the discussion and asked the rest of the staff to make the decision. I know, so ego-con.
Shell had nothing to do with this, and shame on you for thinking this is somehow about her "ego". Phil's attitude has been reported many many times, and we (note: WE, the staff) have warned him multiple times about it. He continually disregards these warnings, hence why I (note: ME, Tiberius, not Shell or anyone else) sent him to the Gauntlet.

Perhaps you should enquire about things you clearly have no idea about before making up such ridiculous accusations in a public arena?
(May 26, 2012 at 11:08 am)Shell B Wrote:

Really? Go ahead and explain to me the case. Because, if I hadn't done my job properly, the rest of the staff would have amended my actions. Furthermore, I never take actions without discussion with the rest of the staff. Therefore, if you don't think it was handled properly, the entire staff is behind it. Thanks for thinking this is a dictatorship, though. I should also point out that I did not Gauntlet Phil. I actually said I wouldn't take any action since I was involved in the discussion and asked the rest of the staff to make the decision. I know, so ego-con.

Didn't get the Mehmet thread reference I take it? No-one got that? No? Would you care to take me step by step through what aided your decision in ignoring the constant attempts of one person to force arguements on whos the better nation and/or race on as many threads as he could in a forum concerned with matters of theism and atheism? Even if the thread creator was wrong did that give you licence to ignore an issue that was clearly present as well as any evidence in the form of posts pertaining to it?
Yet in this instance you were very quick to condemn. What made this guy so much worse?

(May 26, 2012 at 12:14 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Shell had nothing to do with this, and shame on you for thinking this is somehow about her "ego". Phil's attitude has been reported many many times, and we (note: WE, the staff) have warned him multiple times about it. He continually disregards these warnings, hence why I (note: ME, Tiberius, not Shell or anyone else) sent him to the Gauntlet.

Perhaps you should enquire about things you clearly have no idea about before making up such ridiculous accusations in a public arena?

Ironic, you obviously have no idea what I'm referencing either. Maybe you should look into it.
- Abdul Alhazred.
Mehmet's posts about nationalistic tripe do not break the rules, so there is no 'clearly present' issue as you put it. If you feel he is being atagonistic, feel free to report him, but people are allowed to spout their political views, even if they are unpopular. Just because the site is called 'Atheist Forums' does not mean that certain topics are off limits.

FYI, mehmet does get warned when he breaks the rules, but it happens behind the scenes. Actually, a lot happens behind the scenes, including the event that you seem to be throwing a fit over, so how about you admit that you don't have all the information and should probably not be commenting on these issues from such a position of ignorance.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  i keep getting contradictory messages from staff rocinantexyz 12 2423 November 29, 2022 at 4:37 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Peanut Gallery Commentary on the Staff Log of Bannings and such like. Whateverist 4493 643442 March 31, 2021 at 5:55 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Petition Poll for username change Foxaèr 17 2068 March 7, 2021 at 9:38 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Dear Staff Foxaèr 28 4091 February 5, 2019 at 8:12 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  What happened to the "Civil Discussion" thread? Angrboda 48 7546 November 19, 2018 at 9:13 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  Make the "civil" discussion part of the forum invisible to non members GUBU 54 8058 November 18, 2018 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
Sad Me no like change. Me sad GUBU 12 1262 September 21, 2018 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Eliminate Automatic Insertion of Horizontal Rule Neo-Scholastic 21 2892 November 29, 2017 at 11:10 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Question about latest forum rule Catholic_Lady 29 4675 November 14, 2017 at 4:27 pm
Last Post: Tiberius
  What Does This Mean, Oh Staff? Minimalist 24 5607 July 15, 2017 at 1:35 am
Last Post: c172