Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:16 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Honor student sent to jail
Honor student sent to jail
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBg7AqXRw...re=g-all-f

Is this really justice?
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

RE: Honor student sent to jail
No. The judge has stated he wanted to make an example of the student. This is politics, they don't care that they are ruining lives.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
I cannot express how much people like that infuriate me..
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I don't understand the reasoning. "Oh, this student is trying to support her little sister and attend college courses ON HER OWN... I better send her to jail because both she and her sister could really afford it right now!" Jackass.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Um...the judge is a Texas redneck and the kid is a chink. Why is this so hard to understand?
It is not hard to understand, it's just despicable that it's allowed to happen.

The judge later cleared her criminal record, which is good. Still, she should never have been sent to jail. Missing school should not be a criminal offence.
I was sentenced to 33 weekends and all of spring break in a 23 hour lock down juvenile facility for missing school.

It was just a tiny cell, usually shared with one other person. All there was to do was play cards and read trashy romance novels. I didn't understand the punishment. Still don't.

Yeah, it seems really inefficient and counter-productive.

I don't even understand the logic. "You've missed too much school, therefore I shall send you to jail where you will miss even more."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scholarslip: A documentary about the student debt crisis Yahweh 11 3181 December 7, 2013 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: Ryantology
  Gay people exist? Go straight to jail. Foxaèr 6 2119 June 12, 2013 at 8:42 am
Last Post: littleendian