Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 2, 2024, 7:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Millennium Falcon' found at the bottom of the Baltic Sea?
'Millennium Falcon' found at the bottom of the Baltic Sea?
Or just a big rock:

[Image: r-BALTICUFO2-large570.jpg]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/31...56150.html

Benjamin Radford, deputy editor of Skeptical Inquirer magazine,

Quote:said he thinks the mystery will only continue if the divers don't find anything.

"Because then they'll say, 'Whoa, hold on here. We have this image that was taken in 2011. How come they're going back there and not finding it there?'" Radford said. "And there will be conspiracies about that."
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
RE: 'Millennium Falcon' found at the bottom of the Baltic Sea?
I want to believe
There we are then...empirical evidence to support Jediism Wink
Does Mulder know about this?
I think it's a publicity stunt to promote the inevitable 4-D Ultra-Def Interactive Ultimate Director's 'Collect-It-Or-We-Send-The-Boys-Round' Edition Multi-Box Set of Star Wars.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(June 1, 2012 at 3:29 pm)Stimbo Wrote: I think it's a publicity stunt to promote the inevitable 4-D Ultra-Def Interactive Ultimate Director's 'Collect-It-Or-We-Send-The-Boys-Round' Edition Multi-Box Set of Star Wars.

It's kinda anticlimactic if the Millenium Falcon destroyed the Death Star II, only to belly flop into the Baltic and pancake itself into the sea bottom ooze.
Well, it all happened "a long time ago". Maybe Lucas is planning to cash in on the new Prometheus film:

Quote:EXT: ANCIENT EARTH -- DAY

Blown across time and space by the DEATH STAR's explosion, the FALCON is spinning out of control across the planet's surface.

Suddenly the ship CRASHES into the ocean, sending an IMMENSE PLUME OF SPRAY (CGI) into the air.

The ship plunges downwards, past amazing SEA CREATURES (lots and lots of lovely CGI please).

Finally it comes to rest with a BUMP on the SEA FLOOR.

INT: FALCON COCKPIT -- CONTINUOUS

HAN SOLO (with CGI facelift to make him look 30 years younger) lets out a madeup family-friendly spacey swear word (like FRECK, or POODOO or something) as he hits the CONTROLS.

The only effect is that FAILING ENGINE SOUND from EMPIRE (and all my other films when they were worth watching).

HAN: Well, Chewie old pal, I think we're in trouble.

CHEWIE: (makes noise like deflating walrus) Rawwwwwrrr!

HAN: You said it, pal. We're gonna be here for a while. Fancy playing that chess game that everyone talked about from the first movie?

CHEWIE: Rawwwwwrrr!

HAN: No? Ok, how about --

CHEWIE: Rawwwwwrrr!! Aarh wrf-wrf ooooouuhh!

CHEWBACCA slowly removes his BANDOLIER, with a strange expression on his now fully-CGI face.

HAN: Hey, old pal? Buddy?

CAMERA PANS AWAY slowly as Chewbacca advances on his old friend.

HAN: I've got a bad feeling about this...

MIX TO:

EXT: FALCON -- SEA FLOOR (CGI)

From inside the ship, we hear the WILHELM SCREAM.

[SCENE MISSING]

And that's how they became the ancient astronauts of mythology and the progenitors of the human race.
So be it, "Jedi".
*force lightning*
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
I want to behave
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(June 2, 2012 at 4:24 pm)apophenia Wrote: I want to behave

Don't you lie!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Claim of the Ark being found bankiebert 29 2814 August 9, 2023 at 10:59 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal