Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 8:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out of Character Post
Out of Character Post
It just amazes me how long it takes some Christians to realize I'm a Poe account. Seriously, I'm not being subtle here. I've all but got a flashing red neon sign over all my posts saying "This is satire!".

Yet satire and sarcasm are subtle things to the true believer. Some conservatives polled think Steven Colbert is serious or at least "partially sympathetic" to their ideology. Landover Baptist gets emails from Christians who think they are for real. "Billionaires for Wealthcare" showed up to Tea Party rallies and blended right in.

Recently, my character here was PMed by a Christian on this forum. We exchanged a few PMs back and forth before he finally went "heeeeyyyyyy...."

In fairness, sometimes skeptics can be taken in by satire as well these days for understandable reasons. Given the ridiculous arguments we get around here for religious faith, managing a satirical account that's supposed to be understood as such can sometimes feel like running a ponzi scheme of stupid.
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

And for the lovers of Poe, here's your winking smiley:  Wink
RE: Out of Character Post
You are a Poe? I never knew that! Shock
Quote:Some conservatives polled think Steven Colbert is serious or at least "partially sympathetic" to their ideology. Landover Baptist gets emails from Christians who think they are for real. "Billionaires for Wealthcare" showed up to Tea Party rallies and blended right in.

Those people start out a few cans short of a six-pack. They go through life seeking vindication for their stupidity.
(June 5, 2012 at 9:01 am)LastPoet Wrote: You are a Poe? I never knew that! Shock

Ah, well that might underscore my point...
Quote:In fairness, sometimes skeptics can be taken in by satire as well these days for understandable reasons. Given the ridiculous arguments we get around here for religious faith, managing a satirical account that's supposed to be understood as such can sometimes feel like running a ponzi scheme of stupid.

Maybe things that are apparent to me as the "man behind the curtain" aren't so obvious to outside observers.

Or have I just been Poe-ned?
"You don't need facts when you got Jesus." -Pastor Deacon Fred, Landover Baptist Church

™: True Christian is a Trademark of the Landover Baptist Church. I have no affiliation with this fine group of True Christians ™ because I can't afford their tithing requirements but would like to be. Maybe someday the Lord will bless me with enough riches that I am able to. 

Quote:Or have I just been Poe-ned?

Ya think?

ROFLOL
(June 5, 2012 at 1:18 pm)YahwehIsTheWay Wrote: Ah, well that might underscore my point...

I was being sarcastic Angel
(June 6, 2012 at 4:16 am)LastPoet Wrote:
(June 5, 2012 at 1:18 pm)YahwehIsTheWay Wrote: Ah, well that might underscore my point...

I was being sarcastic Angel

Yep, I was poe-ned.

Well, I can hardly complain now, can I?

Complain about what lol?

Relax ol'chump we aren't really virgin respective to poe's Big Grin
Just a quick question, to what benefit is a satire account? :/
[Image: Semiotic-1.png]
Pollitics | Religion | Headline News | General Chat
(June 8, 2012 at 7:14 am)Abu Taj al Deen Wrote: Just a quick question, to what benefit is a satire account? :/

Satire can serve many purposes whether it be purely for humour or to show how ridiculous something really is... I believe this does both. Tongue
Cunt