Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:56 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raised Southern Fascist
Raised Southern Fascist
I was taught to believe in the tooth fairy.
There was evidence in the form of money under my pillow.
I heard rumors that the tooth fairy was not real.
I eventually came to realize that the rumors were probably true.

I was taught to believe in Santa Claus.
There was evidence in the form of presents under the tree.
I heard rumors that there is no such thing as Santa Claus.

I was taught to believe in God.
There was evidence in the form of "creation."
I heard rumors that God does not exist.
RE: Raised Southern Fascist
"Southern Fascist" - I like it. I was raised areligious but got evangelised and saved by Southern Baptists in Zimbabwe where I was born & bred.

Took some shaking off.

Welcome aboard. Ah harrrr!
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
RE: Raised Southern Fascist
My father did a guided tour for American Baptist tourists once. They were touring the Cologne Cathedral, a pretty impressive Catholic church in Germany.

At the start of the tour the pastor or what-have-you of the group told him to mind their sensitivities and not mention anything about Catholic ideology. Apparently he was afraid the foreign thoughts on Christianity might confuse them enough to turn them away from their religion.

As there was no way to explain ANYTHING and he wasn't too fond of just spending an hour and a half pointing at things and saying "That's pretty, too.", he gave them the same show as usual.

Amazingly, none of their brains exploded.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Raised Catholic, it didn't stick Videodrome 31 6899 May 18, 2016 at 8:01 am
Last Post: RozKek
  A Southern Baptist's Deconversion Revisited L.A.F.2. 1 1699 October 1, 2014 at 6:27 pm
Last Post: Lucanus
  Raised Christian, converted by internet Chad32 28 6642 January 31, 2014 at 9:14 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko