Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I don't hate God
I don't hate God
This bullshit notion has got to stop. I made a rather hasty decision - as I am wont to do - and decided that I was an Atheist. I'm still not convinced that there is no God. However, that is not what I'm getting at with this thread.

No, this thread is aimed at those theists who say that Atheists - or anyone who doesn't agree with their particular belief - hates God.

For one thing; Atheists do not hold a belief in God(s); so how does it logically follow that they hate that which they don't believe exists in the first place?

Peoples of other faiths believe in God(s); just not the same one(s) that you do; so again, how does it logically follow that they hate God?

I'd like to ask a few questions of our resident theists; and they are as follows:

1. Do you believe that Atheists hate God?
2. Do you believe that peoples of other faiths hate God?
3. Who the fuck is promoting this stupid belief; and why haven't they been kicked out of your cosmic circle jerk club?
RE: I don't hate God
If you're expecting rationality from idiots who believe in talking snakes and dead jews coming back to life you are in for a wealth of disappointment.

They hold these views precisely because they have sacrificed the rational part of their brain to their fucking god.
haha no I never claimed to hate any god, although I must admit that according to, for example, the Bible, we do have an example there of a god that does do some pretty morally questionable things!!

However, as I don't currently believe in the Christian god or the Christian holy book (the Bible), I don't think I can truly hate something that I don't believe even exists!

To be honest... I think it's one of those views a bit like claiming atheists are Satanists that is made by ignorant people who don't understand what an atheist is. Hopefully awareness regarding this will increase Smile
"Minds are like parachutes - they both work best when open."

My favourite pro-atheism video - [amoff]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQJrud71gL8[/amoff]
My favourite pro-theism video - [amoff]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqhGRD25h2A[/amoff]
I don't know why, but today it has annoyed me more than usual. I hate have beliefs assigned to me which have no basis in either truth or reality.
What's even worse is when these twits will accuse atheists of being "Satan worshipers". Hey, moron! Satan is part of YOUR mythology! I don't believe your god is real! Why would I then believe that your imaginary evil being is real?
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
I suppose I would hate god if I believe it existed.
(June 12, 2012 at 7:50 pm)gringoperry Wrote: I don't know why, but today it has annoyed me more than usual. I hate have beliefs assigned to me which have no basis in either truth or reality.

I wouldn't worry, honestly Smile

I mean, it varies country to country. Among the youth where I live (England) I am 95% sure that more are atheist than not!!

England is 45% atheist I think and ofc most of that number will be younger people.

So... you have a lot of people on your side, is what I'm sayin'! ^_^
"Minds are like parachutes - they both work best when open."

My favourite pro-atheism video - [amoff]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQJrud71gL8[/amoff]
My favourite pro-theism video - [amoff]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqhGRD25h2A[/amoff]
I sure do hate god. He made me atheist. Now I have to go to hell. What a prick.
I DO hate the Christian god and I am more than willing to admit it.

All christians/muslims (and yes, deists) have at least some varying degree of stupidity because they have chosen to believe idiocy, but not all christians/muslims are bad people. Therefore I do not hate all christians/muslims. I do however feel specific hatred towards their pathetic violent impotent gods. I don't believe for a moment that it's possible to hate a religion without hating their god. After all, without a god there isn't much to hate about the religion. Undecided

Something doesn't have to be real to gain your love and/or hatred of it. I submit Santa Clause as proof of this. I HATE him! Children all over the globe love him.
[Image: Evolution.png]

(June 12, 2012 at 8:34 pm)Cinjin Wrote: I don't believe for a moment that it's possible to hate a religion without hating their god. After all, without a god there isn't much to hate about the religion. Undecided

Ofcourse there is. You can hate all the imbeciles who follow the idea of such a god. Hating the god itself which doesn't exist is stupid. How can you hate something that doesn't exist. You don't, you hate the idea of it.

Quote:Something doesn't have to be real to gain your love and/or hatred of it. I submit Santa Clause as proof of this. I HATE him! Children all over the globe love him.

Again, you hate the idea of Santa Clause. Not Santa Clause himself. Hating that which does not exist is nonsensical.