Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:32 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
121mph race to mosque
121mph race to mosque
Quote:Two students reached speeds of up to 121mph in hire cars on the A9 as they tried to reach a mosque in time for Friday prayers, a court has heard.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-hi...s-18445267

Risking their own lives and others on the UK roads for a prayer? Those students need to get laid.
RE: 121mph race to mosque
Yeah, it is slightly surprising that we get silly religious folk up here too. Big Grin
Cunt
Let's not forget the possibility that this was a complete bullshit defense, that they thought might work.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 14, 2012 at 3:20 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Let's not forget the possibility that this was a complete bullshit defense, that they thought might work.
Breaking the speed limit while using Islam as an excuse eh? Yeah, I wouldn't put it pass these fucking street racers to pull that shit. Tongue

They should have said "I sneezed" Big Grin at least there'd be a slim, but still more realistic chance the insurance companies would accept that if they caused an accident.
"But your honor I absolutely must make it to prayers, it is an article of my faith, don't censor my ability to practice my religion!" (bonus points for "the laws of god are greater than the laws of man")

Meanwhile, sensible people stop on the shoulder of the fucking road, guess which direction they should be facing, and handle their business.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I remember once when I was working out in Pitlochry we had a muslim with us and he started praying in a car park. When a massive van came along we had to jump in front of it because they hadn't noticed him and he didn't want to move as he apparently "had to finish his prayers". Fucking nuts.
Cunt
(June 14, 2012 at 3:34 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Meanwhile, sensible people stop on the shoulder of the fucking road, guess which direction they should be facing, and handle their business.

I do that when I have to take a leak...wind direction is important. Far more useful than praying to allah or any other fucking god.
(June 14, 2012 at 3:55 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(June 14, 2012 at 3:34 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Meanwhile, sensible people stop on the shoulder of the fucking road, guess which direction they should be facing, and handle their business.

I do that when I have to take a leak...wind direction is important. Far more useful than praying to allah or any other fucking god.

It is even more satisfying if there is someone praying along from you in the direction that the wind is going. They might see the splash in the face as a sign from god or some bullshit.
Cunt
They'll think they've been "anointed!"
I have some advice for them the next time, start earlier or find a local mosque. I am sorry but your bullshit laws do not have power in this country, and I am glad they got punished for reckless speeds, because image if on of them crashed or hit somebody?
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A six-year old child was beheaded outside Prophet's mosque in Medina yragnitup 12 1845 February 10, 2019 at 7:39 pm
Last Post: Belacqua
  Islam is not a race DeistPaladin 8 1930 November 6, 2014 at 10:19 pm
Last Post: Lemonvariable72
  Illegal mosque operating in bungalow Welsh cake 0 977 July 3, 2012 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: Welsh cake