Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi! :D
Tongue 
Hi! :D
Hello! I'm new here. I was looking for a forum like this and I finally found one. Seems like a friendly community, I truly hope there's no hate.
So, firstly, I'm unsure exactly what a humanist is? Because if the definition of a humanist means one who does not believe in any supernatural stuff at all and believes in humanity and domestic values (Breeeeathe!!), Then I'm a humanist. Big Grin

So, I'm an avid drawer, animator, and Doctor Who watcher. I'm working on a web page and I'm not as old as you think I may be Wink

I'll be replying to some stuff mostly. I won't really make much threads Tongue
RE: Hi! :D
Hi

Welcome to the forum. Yes, I'd say you were a Humanist Wink

Have fun

Darwinian
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
Well, a few humanists do believe in supernatural things. The key thing about humanism is it is putting the natural world before the supernatural. A humanist will act according to what is best for humanity, not what their supernatural beliefs (if any) say.

The vast majority of humanists are atheist though.
Welcome aboard Spashie.
It's great to see this forum growing so fast. Big Grin
Hi Spashie and welcome.
I'm an avid Dr Who fan as well, love the new series - just dying for season 4 to make it to Australia!
Atheism as a Religion
-------------------
A man also or woman that hath a Macintosh, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with used and abandoned Windows 3.1 floppy disks: their blood shall be upon them. Leviticus 20:27
ISnt Dr Who s4 already on? "Turn Left" Was on ABC1 on Sunday.

Oh and thanks Darwinian, Adrian, solid, and Jason! And oh, I'm an atheist too. I thought they were two separate things. Undecided meh, stupid me.
Love Dr Who...and Torchwood. <.< *stares at icon*
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
I won't get to see Torchwood cos I'm in France. but wikipedia sez;

Quote:Torchwood explores several themes in its narrative, in particular LGBT themes. Various characters are portrayed as sexually fluid; through those characters, the series examines homosexual and bisexual relationships. Although the nature of their sexual flexibility is not explicitly discussed, the characters offer varying perspectives on orientation.

Through the use of repetition, in particular of thematically important lines, and by drawing parallels between characters, the show also delves somewhat into existentialism, the value of human life, and the corrupting nature of power.

Damn. Sounds good

(ps - welcome Spashie!!)
'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely? Jer 8:8
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. Groucho Marx
Torchwood is great because it completely overdoes the LGBT thing. Every episode is about sex in some form. Every character is bisexual, and they all have awkward sexual relationships with each other. Put simply, it would make even Ted Haggard blush.

Doctor Who is great as well though. They will have to solve the problem of aging merely to keep Tennant in his role as the doctor. There is no better man for it.