Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:33 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello, I'm new
Hello, I'm new
Hello forum members, I just joined not too long ago because I found this forum and am interested in possibly discussing religious beliefs with other people online (because it's always uncomfortable to do so in real life, for me at least. people take religion so seriously..). So yeah, I hope to see you guys on the forums Smile
RE: Hello, I'm new
hello! Smile
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
Hi, I'm a psychotic sadist with a passion for musicals and all things fluffy. I might give you a teddy bear as a gift and touching symbol of friendship.
Alternatively I might just kill you in some sort of James Bond villian type plot involving barbed-wire, a picture of Bill Cosby and a rabid mongoose in mating season.
Pleased to meet you. :-)

P.S. Isn't your picture the logo for "Anonymous"?
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(June 19, 2012 at 8:57 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: Hi, I'm a psychotic sadist with a passion for musicals and all things fluffy. I might give you a teddy bear as a gift and touching symbol of friendship.
Alternatively I might just kill you in some sort of James Bond villian type plot involving barbed-wire, a picture of Bill Cosby and a rabid mongoose in mating season.
Pleased to meet you. :-)

P.S. Isn't your picture the logo for "Anonymous"?

Nice to meet you, I hope it's the first one lol, and yes that's the logo for anonymous. I'm not a member, and I guess you can say I'm a fan (though not a fanboy or anything). But I just like their mysterious logo.
Welcome Smile

(June 19, 2012 at 8:40 pm)AgnosticKnowledge Wrote: people take religion so seriously..

Yeah, some people actually think they're true! Weird...
Hello, A/K
Greetings Agnosticknowledge. Like your name. Seemingly a paradox but obviously only those who pay any attention to what they truly have grounds to believe true can really know anything in the proper sense of the word.
Thank you Smile. Yes, the criteria for determining true knowledge needs to go beyond our opinions, and even scientific fact in some cases, because science is always developing and we're always learning new things, so what may seem to be true now we may find out actually isn't true 100 years from now (depending on what the particular "fact" is and how we determined it).

I chose the name because I think it properly represents my knowledge about the origins of life, which is something that theists and atheists are always arguing about. All I "know" for sure is that I don't know where life came from lol, and I think it would be foolish of me to assume that a god created everything because it makes me feel better (and it kinda doesn't anyway).
"I will sweep away everything in all your land," says the LORD. "I will sweep away both people and animals alike. Even the birds of the air and the fish in the sea will die. I will reduce the wicked to heaps of rubble, along with the rest of humanity," says the LORD. "I will crush Judah and Jerusalem with my fist and destroy every last trace of their Baal worship. I will put an end to all the idolatrous priests, so that even the memory of them will disappear. For they go up to their roofs and bow to the sun, moon, and stars. They claim to follow the LORD, but then they worship Molech, too. So now I will destroy them! And I will destroy those who used to worship me but now no longer do. They no longer ask for the LORD's guidance or seek my blessings." (Zephaniah 1:2-6)

"God is love" (1 John 4:8)

Wacky
Welcome-welcome.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Hiya AK and welcome to AF! ^_^
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ah hello? I don't know this is new to me FievelJ 24 2587 June 26, 2022 at 9:16 am
Last Post: brewer
  New here - hello! Orbit 16 1607 May 31, 2022 at 12:56 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hello... I'm New Here ABQ505 17 1629 November 18, 2021 at 11:15 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Hello, I'm new here NecroTzar 20 2186 October 28, 2021 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Hello I'm new mrunk1975 7 644 September 19, 2021 at 4:36 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New here...just sayin' Hello. Frank Apisa 15 1775 June 27, 2021 at 6:52 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Hello, I'm new here. FredTheLobster 15 1543 May 10, 2021 at 5:13 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hello, I'm New rockyrockford 22 1879 September 14, 2020 at 8:19 am
Last Post: PabloTescobar
  Hello, New atheist having a meltdown Dragonfly 58 7078 October 1, 2018 at 4:10 pm
Last Post: Dragonfly
  Mostly new. Hello. Hobbitgirl 21 1869 September 27, 2018 at 3:39 pm
Last Post: Minimalist