Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:45 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top current US & UK TV series?
Top current US & UK TV series?
Sometimes it can take a couple of years for a series to reach Oz,

I was wondering,what are the current top TV drama/scifi/fantasy/ historical series in the US and UK?

Sometimes Shows can take a couple of years to reach Oz,if at all. Eg "Luck" has not been shown here..

Recently I've seen:

Spartacus Vengeance

Game of Thrones

The Borgias

Spooks S10.

Downton Abbey

New Tricks
RE: Top current US & UK TV series?
(June 20, 2012 at 3:54 am)padraic Wrote: Sometimes it can take a couple of years for a series to reach Oz,

I was wondering,what are the current top TV drama/scifi/fantasy/ historical series in the US and UK?

Sometimes Shows can take a couple of years to reach Oz,if at all. Eg "Luck" has not been shown here..

Recently I've seen:

Spartacus Vengeance

Game of Thrones

The Borgias

Spooks S10.

Downton Abbey

New Tricks

Yay, someone else who watches New Tricks Big Grin
If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. - J.R.R Tolkien
Well, my current favourites:
Anything on Adult Swim
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
Psychoville
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Some decent sci-fi/fantasy series on in the U.S.

Falling Skies
Eureka
Alphas
Warehouse 13
Lost Girl
Haven
Grimm
Being Human (U.S. version, which is better than the UK version, IMO)
Fringe

I'm sure there are more, but... those are off the top of my head.
There's fuck all on television.

That's why we have Netflix.
(June 20, 2012 at 10:51 am)Paul the Human Wrote: Being Human (U.S. version, which is better than the UK version, IMO)

I disagree, buuuut~

Game of Thrones is probably the best of the best right now, as it doesn't have to compromise it's story for the sake of appearing on TV. It's getting more separate from the books, however. I don't watch much TV, but I download GoTs the Mondays after it airs (don't have HBO).
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Game of Thrones (Didn't expect to like it. But then I read all the books after season 1. Now I enjoy the series less for the lack of surprise.)

True Blood

Real Time with Bill Maher

Survivor Big Grin (I know, strictly low brow.)

Frontline

Bill Moyers

Masterpiece Theatre

Nova

Nature

Sports events

Movies
This is reality tv, but I love cooking shows and Chopped is super good. <.<;

/inb4judgement
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]

I primarily watch crime shows, and I don't have cable, so that means NCIS, Fringe, and The Mentalist. I didn't watch much NCIS this last season, but Fringe and the Mentalist weren't up to the high level they were the previous season.

I've watched one episode of Mad Men, which I liked. I haven't watched much TV overall.

I've got Glass Slipper, The Palace, and Winter Sonata on queue, but haven't started them, and those are Korean anyway.

I'm usually too busy reading books or attending discussion groups for much TV these days, though I've got a ton of TV and movies on disk. (I started rewatching Dark Angel a while back, and may return to Soap and Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman -- both of which I've had difficulty acquiring. Taking a gander at my disk, I've also got all seasons of the Rockford Files which I'll likely skip around in, as well as several seasons of Columbo. That's the problem with watching TV series, they eat up a lot of time. For the episodes of the Rockford Files, that's over 120 hours of viewing. And I've also got a backlog of unwatched Anime. I'm not sorry for not having started -- one can easily lose one's self in these thing.)

(ETA: I also very much liked The Good Wife, but didn't watch season 2 of that either. I just haven't been in a TV mood.)

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Thank guys. A few there I haven't seen. I'll see if I can obtain them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Profiles In Courage TV Series Kernel Sohcahtoa 0 407 April 12, 2022 at 10:36 pm
Last Post: Kernel Sohcahtoa
  The current state of cinema... Gawdzilla Sama 13 619 September 19, 2018 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Bob Kelso
  Top 100 viral youtube vids ignoramus 0 279 April 16, 2018 at 5:37 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  What's your the best old TV series from the 80's? KittyAnn 37 4393 December 10, 2017 at 1:37 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  Best anime series and anime movie in the world ErGingerbreadMandude 26 4264 November 20, 2017 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Top 20 American Mechs Mechaghostman2 0 467 May 19, 2017 at 6:23 pm
Last Post: Mechaghostman2
  The Expanse (SyFy series) Alex K 21 2517 April 4, 2017 at 3:53 pm
Last Post: Crunchy
  TV series-- Legion bennyboy 8 1081 February 28, 2017 at 5:58 pm
Last Post: The Industrial Atheist
  My Top 10 Superhero Movies Mechaghostman2 10 2046 October 8, 2016 at 10:09 am
Last Post: Jesster
  Big Brother Over The Top c172 3 878 October 3, 2016 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: c172