Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 6:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guten Tag
Guten Tag
Hello forum members, i just joined and thought I should introduce myself. I'm Chris, I'm 25 years old and I'm a german. I live in Berlin and I'm an atheist. I am also a member of a german atheistic forum, but since I wanted to practice english anyhow, I thought, "why not"? I hope it's okay, if I use you guys for practice? I'm, of course, sorry for the mistakes I'm making. I hope I will get better.

I have no conversion story. I never believed in god or anything like that, which is actually unusual, because in Germany you have religion as a school subject.
I realized pretty late (I think I was 14) that I was an atheist (until then, I didn't know what an atheist was) and so I started to do some research about the subject. I read Nietzsche for example and also other philosophers. Unfortunately I have been a bad student in school, so I'm not that good at science, but I'm trying to learn.

Well, I guess that was it. If you have any questions, ask them. Again, I'm sorry because of the mistakes (I certainly made some).

By the way: Guten Tag means good day or better good afternoon, but you can more or less say it anytime of the day (in Berlin it's now nearly 4:am. So, I have to go to sleep now. Good night.
RE: Guten Tag
guten morgen metonymie. and welcome. Smile
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
Hovik might be excited. His German is pretty good.

Welcoooooome.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Your English is better than most of the xtian morons we get from the bible belt.

Wilkommen
Sehr gut, Metonymie. Ich spreche bisschen Deutsch, aber ich bin eine Germanophilie. Immer suchen ich Nachkriegszeit Deutsche Romane das rede nicht uber Hitler. Sie sind selten, aber mussen sie existieren. Denn benutzen Sie dieses Forum ausueben Ihre Englisch, Ich benutze dieses Forum ausueben Meine Deutsch.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Herzlich Willkommen im Forum!
[Image: hoviksig-1.png]
Ex Machina Libertas
Welcome. Your English is quite good, actually.
Hallo Chris!

What german atheist forum is that? I'd like to brush up on my German....
Heyo and welcome to AF! ^_^

Berlin, eh? You lucky bastard! Big Grin I've been to Berlin only once, but it was a wonderful city.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome Meton
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello, bonjour, guten tag, etc... Pitsligo 23 2782 November 13, 2014 at 12:20 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Guten Tag toro 22 3145 September 23, 2011 at 4:31 pm
Last Post: 5thHorseman
  Bonjour, Hola, gutten tag, fitlike, hello AngelaRachnid 4 2257 July 8, 2009 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: fr0d0