Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Glasgow
Hello from Glasgow
Hello everyone. I've been looking for a place to share ideas with fellow atheists, and this looks just fine. I think I was always an agnostic sort of person until I moved from Canada to Scotland, specifically Glasgow. When I moved to Glasgow I found out very quickly about the Old Firm football rivalry here, which is basically a thin veil for the religious conflict between Catholics and Protestants that has been going on here for hundreds of years, and still continues to this day. Early on at my new job I was approached often by colleagues who immediately wanted to know which Glasgow football team I supported, which is basically code for 'are you a Catholic or a Protestant'..(I support neither by the way, I think that football is rubbish). I've lived here in Glasgow for a few years now and over time have noticed more and more how divided this city is. It's almost like some kind of gangsta movie about South Central LA--blue shirts don't go into green shirts territory, and vice versa. Personally I think that the Old Firm mentality in Glasgow is what keeps this city in the Dark Ages, and it really made me realize how stupid religion truly is.
RE: Hello from Glasgow
Welcome bryan
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
Welcome.
Cunt
Another Scot heh? We can't ever get enough Scots! Welcome
Actually I'm a Canadian living in Scotland..one of those 'immigrant' types that you read about in The Sun, you know the ones who move to the UK and are taking all the jobs and all the housing and all the NHS doctors and all the rest of the nonsense they tell you in the papers..yep, that's me..Wink
Yeah, I seem to be the only Scotsman who sticks around. Y'all can't get rid of me.
Cunt
Hello and welcome!

Is it true you all walk slantways up North owing to the constant storm-force winds up there? Wink
The scots are getting more numerous.
A worrying trend.
None the less.
Welcome.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5941 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3621 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates