Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian school text book teaches Loch Ness Monster real.
Christian school text book teaches Loch Ness Monster real.
http://www.parentdish.co.uk/2012/06/25/l...d=webmail6

Quote:Children at some American schools are to be taught that the Loch Ness monster is real!

The crazy plans have been put in place by privately-run Christian schools in Louisiana to disprove Darwin's Theory of Evolution.

Pupils at the schools will start using text books next year which claim the Scottish beast is a real living creature.

The Accelerated Christian Education (ACE) programme also includes other controversial topics which are aimed at disproving evolution in favour of creationism.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: Christian school text book teaches Loch Ness Monster real.
When it comes to the stupidity of xtians there is no bottom to the barrel.
So, what's next? There actually is a crock of gold at the end of the rainbow..? Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Even if the Loch Ness monster is real, how does that disprove evolution?
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
(June 25, 2012 at 4:06 pm)Thor Wrote: Even if the Loch Ness monster is real, how does that disprove evolution?

It wouldn't prove evolution wrong per se, however it would be quite difficult to explain how such a creature exists in an isolated, niche environment. For example, it would be problematic to explain it as a descendent of plesiosaurs given the young geologic age of Loch Ness and the absence of post K-T evidence of relatives.

With that being said, there is nowhere near enough credible evidence to suggest that the LNM exists at all.
(June 25, 2012 at 3:59 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: So, what's next? There actually is a crock of gold at the end of the rainbow..? Big Grin

With xtians you are far more likely to find a crock of shit.
So what? These are the same people who think that the Flintstones is a documentary. You didn't actually think these people grew a brain overnight, did you?
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
(June 25, 2012 at 4:24 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(June 25, 2012 at 3:59 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: So, what's next? There actually is a crock of gold at the end of the rainbow..? Big Grin

With xtians you are far more likely to find a crock of shit.

Or the crocoduck

[Image: File:Crocoduck.jpg]
There is far less that is implausible about Loch Ness Monster, or indeed a pot of god at the end of rainbow, than there is in each essential part of the biblical narrative. So why should bible heads not believe that too?
But they *know* thats not true. No scientists are claiming loch ness is for real, its demonstrably false.
How can they possibly begin to justify this?
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Miami school bars vaccinated teachers from seeing students zebo-the-fat 8 951 April 28, 2021 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: brewer
Big Grin An Old Science book from 1650 Fake Messiah 19 2756 June 10, 2016 at 3:52 am
Last Post: abaris
  Bug-killing book pages clean murky drinking water zebo-the-fat 6 1756 August 17, 2015 at 2:43 pm
Last Post: Kitty Galore
Thumbs Up Book Recommendations Brometheus 4 1500 April 1, 2015 at 11:45 am
Last Post: SteelCurtain
  'Afterlife' feels 'even more real than real,' researcher says pocaracas 5 2918 April 18, 2013 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Tonus
  Map proves Portuguese discovered Australia: new book pocaracas 15 5124 February 20, 2013 at 6:48 am
Last Post: The Magic Pudding
  Real Scientists....Doing Real Science Minimalist 1 1653 February 21, 2012 at 4:39 pm
Last Post: Faith No More
  New Hardcover Evolution Book Based Upon Junior Skeptic Gawdzilla 3 1127 October 3, 2011 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Critique of new creationist book on "Origins" Secularone 3 1905 November 3, 2009 at 6:20 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  Darwin Audio Book (Read by Dawkins) Kyuuketsuki 4 3229 May 14, 2009 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet