Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 17, 2024, 8:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution is a fairy tale, the peanut butter says so.
Evolution is a fairy tale, the peanut butter says so.
I've not been about for a little while, but here is something I thought you lot would like. Big Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZFG5PKw504
I respect you too much to believe that you could possibly hold those ridiculous beliefs. - Richard Dawkins, 2012
RE: Evolution is a fairy tale, the peanut butter says so.
Peanut butter !?!?! I thought it was the banana.

Yeah, I've seen that video before, all I can say its utterly stupid.
I'd hate to see what a banana split would do to my faith then. I think I'm better off not watching.
Stupidity should always hurt the one being stupid. Now I'm suffering, because I think I just broke a rib laughing Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

I've seen this before and posted it up on here many moons ago. Great video! Apparently they've never let a billion jars sit around for a million of years to see what would really happen.
If this leads me to Reginald D Hunter I'm going to be pissed; then I'm going to laugh, but mostly I'll be pissed.
Please tell me this is a parody. Otherwise the human race is doomed every time one of these muppets reproduces.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
(June 27, 2012 at 2:01 pm)NoMoreFaith Wrote: Please tell me this is a parody. Otherwise the human race is doomed every time one of these muppets reproduces.

Would you prefer to hear a comforting lie, or a highly disturbing truth?
In this case, I definitely need a comforting lie. The sad part, however, isn't really the video. It's knowing that there are morons out there whose faith will be strengthened after watching it.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(June 27, 2012 at 2:21 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(June 27, 2012 at 2:01 pm)NoMoreFaith Wrote: Please tell me this is a parody. Otherwise the human race is doomed every time one of these muppets reproduces.

Would you prefer to hear a comforting lie, or a highly disturbing truth?

What about a highly disturbing lie? "I've kidnapped your wife, and your breakfast had syphilis!"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Atheism and the existence of peanut butter R00tKiT 721 46993 November 15, 2022 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
Photo Popular atheist says universe is not a work of art like a painting Walter99 32 3383 March 22, 2021 at 1:24 pm
Last Post: LadyForCamus
  Local woman says only way she has survived during COVID is faith Tomatoshadow2 41 2759 December 21, 2020 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  scripture says we atheists believe in god android17ak47 17 3197 October 21, 2018 at 8:17 am
Last Post: Fireball
  a challenge All atheists There is inevitably a Creator. Logic says that suni_muslim 65 14362 November 28, 2017 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  "No born believers" says new study. Gawdzilla Sama 1 1233 November 9, 2017 at 7:21 am
Last Post: Mr.Obvious
  Sam Harris (an atheist) says that God is possible/inevitable ThoughtCurvature 12 3017 September 5, 2017 at 5:27 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Tooth Fairy Bullshit Neo-Scholastic 588 54761 January 26, 2017 at 1:45 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  True Origins of Man - Ascent to Dominance much more complicated than the bible's tale bussta33 1 1170 December 20, 2015 at 2:42 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  So a theist says this dyresand 4 2081 September 20, 2015 at 12:54 am
Last Post: Chad32