Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:00 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How's that Scientology working out for you, Tom?
How's that Scientology working out for you, Tom?
So Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are set to divorce. This makes a triple strike for Tommy wommy. For somebody who's supposed to be such a heart throb, his track record with women is abysmal. I wonder if Katie's decision to divorce has anything to do with his religious beliefs? The reason I think it may have is because she never seemed comfortable with the whole thing, even during their carefully scripted interviews.
RE: How's that Scientology working out for you, Tom?
He's married some of the hotter actresses in Hollywood. The fact that he's batshit crazy hasn't kept him from getting laid-or married.
Trying to update my sig ...
Could be that he's just a dick. I mean, in addition to being a brain damaged Scientologist.
He comes across as a dick; at least any time I've seen him on interviews etc. If only he could go to a psychologist to discuss his interpersonal skills and marital issues...
The less I know about Tom Cruise and Scientology, the better.
For Tom, it seems as if finding a mate for life regardless of looks, money, etc. is Mission Impossible.
(June 29, 2012 at 4:37 pm)gringoperry Wrote: He comes across as a dick; at least any time I've seen him on interviews etc. If only he could go to a psychologist to discuss his interpersonal skills and marital issues...

You know it's funny, whenever I've seen Tom Cruise on anything, he actually comes across as one of the most down to earth hollywood A listers to me.

Yeah he believes in some bat shit crazy cult (is that much different to actors/actresses believing in any religion?), but I don't see why people always seem to knock his personality. It's almost as though people have a personal vendetta against him.

I mean this thread is just like a gossip column on the sun. Who are you to make any presumptions as to why he's getting a divorce? It's his personal life not yours.
(June 29, 2012 at 4:42 pm)Napoleon Wrote:
(June 29, 2012 at 4:37 pm)gringoperry Wrote: He comes across as a dick; at least any time I've seen him on interviews etc. If only he could go to a psychologist to discuss his interpersonal skills and marital issues...

You know it's funny, whenever I've seen Tom Cruise on anything, he actually comes across as one of the most down to earth hollywood A listers to me.

Yeah he believes in some bat shit crazy cult (is that much different to actors/actresses believing in any religion?), but I don't see why people always seem to knock his personality. It's almost as though people have a personal vendetta against him.

I mean this thread is just like a gossip column on the sun. Who are you to make any presumptions as to why he's getting a divorce? It's his personal life not yours.

Who is anybody to presume anything? This is a discussion forum, so I started a thread to discuss something that happened to have interested me at the time. Is that a crime now? I even put it under media so people would know what it was related to and everything.

As for why I don't like him; it has everything to do with him coming off as an arrogant dick (in my unimportant opinion), and very little to do with his belief in Scientology.
(June 29, 2012 at 4:55 pm)gringoperry Wrote: Who is anybody to presume anything? This is a discussion forum, so I started a thread to discuss something that happened to have interested me at the time. Is that a crime now? I even put it under media so people would know what it was related to and everything.

It's not a crime, and yes I'm aware that it's a discussion forum I've been using it for over a year. I never said you couldn't start a thread about it, I didn't mean to come across that way. I'm generally just saying, I don't get specifically what the problem is with Tom Cruise, when there are plenty of other jackass A listers, who in my opinion deserve a ribbing a lot more than him.

Quote:As for why I don't like him; it has everything to do with him coming off as an arrogant dick (in my unimportant opinion), and very little to do with his belief in Scientology.

Is that why you made the sarcastic thread title "How's that Scientology working out for you, Tom?" when what it is concerning is actually his divorce from his wife? You assume it has something to do with his belief in scientology, and take offense when I say it isn't any of your business as to why he's getting a divorce (which it isn't). It could be any multitude of reasons why he is getting a divorce.
he's a good actor, so if he wants/needs to act cool when the cams on, it wouldn't be out of his reach. not that i think he's a dick, i don't know. i have read somewhere that he despises doing interviews standing next to male interviewers taller than him, which is almost everybody. he prefers to sit (on a phonebook) for those sessions.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Billionaire investor Tom Steyer: "Why Tax Cuts for the Rich Are So Stupid" Aegon 3 505 September 30, 2018 at 7:40 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Tom The Dancing Bug Minimalist 0 240 February 23, 2018 at 6:30 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Tom The Dancing Bug Minimalist 1 268 July 26, 2017 at 12:06 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Tom The Dancing Bug Minimalist 1 370 November 23, 2016 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Tom The Dancing Bug Minimalist 0 391 May 4, 2016 at 12:40 pm
Video Magic Trik by Tom Mullica... Aractus 0 590 January 26, 2016 at 9:09 am
Last Post: Aractus
  Tom The Dancing Bug 12-14-15 Minimalist 0 590 December 14, 2015 at 2:21 pm
  Tom The Dancing Bug 12-4-15 Minimalist 2 630 December 6, 2015 at 12:19 am
  Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief Foxaèr 10 2262 November 13, 2015 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Whateverist
  Tom The Dancing Bug 4-17-15 Minimalist 4 830 April 17, 2015 at 6:58 pm
Last Post: Alex K