Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question: Is abuse and torture from exorcisms on the rise in the U.K.?
Question: Is abuse and torture from exorcisms on the rise in the U.K.?
My first question: is this publication a ligitimate source? I'm unfamiliar with it.

Second question: Is abuse and torture from exorcisms on the rise in the U.K.?

I know a lot about what is happening in (mostly central) Africa and a little about what is happening in the U.S. but little about what's happening in other regions. Also, please don't think I'm judging anyone by asking my questions. I, after all, have no place to judge anyone on religious abuse and general bullshit, I live in the American Bible Belt.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/fea...he-UK.html
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Question: Is abuse and torture from exorcisms on the rise in the U.K.?
I wouldn't call The Sun a very reliable source, but that's just me.

Abuse and torture from exorcisms are certainly being reported in the press more often these days, but I am not convinced they are happening more often than before.
The Sun is reliable in the sense that they don't actually lie, as such. Wikipedia doesn't necessarily lie, as such, but as an information source it couldn't be called reliable; at least they often cite sources, something the tabloids rarely do. Thus the paper is as reputable as any in the Murdoch stable.

Let me put it this way:

Hacker: Don't tell me about the press, I know exactly who reads the papers: The Daily Mirror is read by people who think they run the country; The Guardian is read by people who think they ought to run the country; The Times is read by people who actually do run the country; The Daily Mail is read by the wives of the people who run the country; The Financial Times is read by people who own the country; The Morning Star is read by people who think the country ought to be run by another country; and The Daily Telegraph is read by people who think it is.

Sir Humphrey: Prime Minister, what about the people who read The Sun?

Bernard: Sun readers don't care who runs the country, as long as she's got big tits.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Oh god! Stimbo, I almost died laughing. Thanks for the info folks. As for the big tits statement, I kind of got that impression too when I read the teasers for the other articles in that publication.
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

One think you have to see is that the percentage of crime is always level-ish, just these days more of it gets reported.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
I would say yes. Multiculturalism in the UK has been a disaster and as more people migrate into the British Isles they bring their barbaric religious beliefs with them.
Hmmm. Apparently racism is on the rise.
I had no idea that such procedures were commonplace in the UK, or had become commonplace as to talk of abuse and torture related to exorcism as a "problem".
[Image: trkdevletbayraklar.jpg]
Üze Tengri basmasar, asra Yir telinmeser, Türük bodun ilingin törüngin kim artatı udaçı erti?
(July 2, 2012 at 3:17 pm)NoraBrimstone Wrote: Hmmm. Apparently racism is on the rise.
Bullshit.

Its the underlying failures to tackle abuse when it is masked behind multiculturalism, or did you not bother to read the ENTIRE article?
So you don't see how you're being a racist fuck? Britain was built on multiculturalism and don't you forget it. Not that a Welshman would know anything about it, what with Wales being just shy of 99% white.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Far Right on the Rise Foxaèr 2 378 September 14, 2022 at 6:56 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Torture in The Middle East: memories from Syria's war. WinterHold 0 356 April 22, 2018 at 4:17 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  The Middle East: Torture and shame WinterHold 6 1666 October 28, 2017 at 1:20 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Torture WinterHold 20 6282 July 8, 2017 at 5:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
Wink Please rise for our new national anthem NuclearEnergy 0 597 June 21, 2017 at 4:40 am
Last Post: NuclearEnergy
  Political figure endorsement of news orgs = abuse of power? Tea Earl Grey Hot 6 1168 March 9, 2017 at 11:28 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Listen to Helen Mirren Read the U.S. Torture Report Pyrrho 2 1523 June 17, 2015 at 12:37 am
Last Post: Hobbitgirl
  Discussion regarding the rise of far right parties in Europe Dystopia 3 1191 January 2, 2015 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: Dystopia
  Capt. James Fanell warns about the rise of China mralstoner 18 3974 December 15, 2014 at 6:15 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Torture report Manowar 50 7158 December 13, 2014 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: abaris