Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 8:48 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This is What Global Warming Looks Like
This is What Global Warming Looks Like
Although one can be sure the oil industry scumbags and their FOX News whores will claim otherwise!

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20120...707039837/

Quote:But since at least 1988, climate scientists have warned that climate change would bring, in general, increased heat waves, more droughts, more sudden downpours, more widespread wildfires and worsening storms. In the United States, those extremes are happening here and now.

So far this year, more than 2.1 million acres have burned in wildfires, more than 113 million people in the U.S. were in areas under extreme heat advisories last Friday, two-thirds of the country is experiencing drought, and earlier in June, deluges flooded Minnesota and Florida.

“This is what global warming looks like at the regional or personal level,” said Jonathan Overpeck, professor of geosciences and atmospheric sciences at the University of Arizona. “The extra heat increases the odds of worse heat waves, droughts, storms and wildfire. This is certainly what I and many other climate scientists have been warning about.”
RE: This is What Global Warming Looks Like
You can only warn and advise people, but ultimately things will take their course and so we'll just have to let experience teach us a painful lesson. The very thing we didn't have to face.
Big corporations aren't concerned about the environment, only the money they make. Politicians aren't concerned of the impending disaster, they're only interested in lying to the people to stay in power and make money.

I hope one day mankind grows up, but it may be many a generation before that happens. Undecided
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
Hmmm not so bad. Here in Texas it's just like any other summer lol.

On a more serious note, Who wants to bet that Fox news is going to get some scientist to say "These hot summers are a temporary weather event and are probably not caused by global warming." Just seems like something Fox News would do; that is, misrepresent what the scientists are saying.
Quote:Who wants to bet that Fox news is going to get some scientist

Yeah - some jerkoff with a "degree" from the creation institute!
It has been consistently in the mid-90s here in FL. It's usually in the upper-80s this time of year. I have been melting between the uncreased heat and the unrelenting humidity.
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
(July 8, 2012 at 11:38 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Who wants to bet that Fox news is going to get some scientist

Yeah - some jerkoff with a "degree" from the creation institute!

Who says they have to do that? All they have to do is ask the right questions and edit stuff around a little bit. Happens all the time in the television world

(July 8, 2012 at 11:45 pm)Annik Wrote: It has been consistently in the mid-90s here in FL. It's usually in the upper-80s this time of year. I have been melting between the uncreased heat and the unrelenting humidity.

Low hundreds here in Texas. Although we probably lose to Florida in humidity it is pretty humid here too.
They'll do it because that is who they have on retainer.
Wettest summer on record here in England, and we also just had a very mild winter.
I've no doubt that the climate has changed since I was a child - It's unclear if this is a natural process or man made.
I do my recycling anyway
Wow, this is actually the first time in a decade I've felt glad I live in England.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(July 9, 2012 at 3:50 am)RaphielDrake Wrote: Wow, this is actually the first time in a decade I've felt glad I live in England.

We've got the relentless cool showers. Sometimes we get hot days but for the most part it's cold rain. Beats being baked. Big Grin
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Global warming: Are we doomed? A poll. Angrboda 266 16840 December 1, 2021 at 8:04 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  What the Sun looks like from the other planets A Theist 25 3763 July 21, 2018 at 6:47 pm
Last Post: A Theist
  Global warming, facts pls Natachan 31 4572 August 13, 2014 at 1:06 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Global dimming and warming. Ace Otana 43 14653 August 14, 2012 at 9:16 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger