Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:54 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello from Sweden!
Wink 
Hello from Sweden!
Hello! I am new here.

This is the first atheist forum I ever joined.
I would describe myself as a rational atheist in the spirit of George H. Smith (author of 'The Case Against God').

I live in Sweden and work as a mathematician. Have been an atheist for over 10 years.

I hope I'm welcome here... Cool Shades
RE: Hello from Sweden!
Hmmm my memory serves, we have a bunch of mathematicians around here,one with a similar name to yours. Can't evade Cantor on mathematics. Sadly I'm not one, I live a love/hate relationship with math and the battle lines are closing.

Welcome
Welcome!
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Howdy!
Cunt
Quote:I live in Sweden and work as a mathematician. Have been an atheist for over 10 years.

Oh, good. Maybe you can answer the trinity problem. How does 1+1+1=1?

Welcome aboard!
Goddidit?
From Sweden? Cool! I love your accents! Great to have you join us!
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
Hallå granne och välkommen till den bästa platsen på hela nätet!

And the same in English, of course Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

Welcome! Sure you wouldn't like to change your nomme de plume to Inga? Until I get evidence to the contrary I will be assuming that you are at least this hot:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6JFpwFGzGIQ/Sv...w-year.jpg

If you do decide to send me particularly thorough evidence please wrap it in brown paper.
(July 9, 2012 at 12:16 pm)whateverist Wrote: Welcome! Sure you wouldn't like to change your nomme de plume to Inga? Until I get evidence to the contrary I will be assuming that you are at least this hot:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_6JFpwFGzGIQ/Sv...w-year.jpg

If you do decide to send me particularly thorough evidence please wrap it in brown paper.

But she's wearing lederhosen!
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greatings from Sweden OmProg 19 2721 October 11, 2014 at 11:37 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Greetings from Sweden jots 16 5056 August 18, 2012 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: jots
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5989 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3646 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates