Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:27 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi
Hi
I am a 24 year old finn. I figured I'd join here since I decided I'd start lurking these forums. Also I figured I'd give as comprehensive introduction as I could:

I've considered myself an atheist the first time I heard what the definition of an atheist. (I lack the belief in everything supernatural)
These are the first forums that I've posted on.
I joined because my partner bugged me to join.
I'm a smoker.
I like to consider myself a hardcore D&D player (3.5e)

But that is my subjective opinion. Just wanted to let all of you guys know that I'm here.

I'll try respond to all questions as is required and partake in threads where I figure I have something vaguely significant to offer.
RE: Hi
Quote:I'll try respond to all questions as is required and partake in threads where I figure I have something vaguely significant to offer.

That never stops the god-freaks. Let 'em fly!
(July 10, 2012 at 8:28 pm)Piiska Wrote: I am a 24 year old finn. I figured I'd join here since I decided I'd start lurking these forums. Also I figured I'd give as comprehensive introduction as I could:

I've considered myself an atheist the first time I heard what the definition of an atheist. (I lack the belief in everything supernatural)
I'm a smoker.

But that is my subjective opinion. Just wanted to let all of you guys know that I'm here.

I'll try respond to all questions as is required and partake in threads where I figure I have something vaguely significant to offer.

Welcome Piiska. I am always interested in the state of the religion/secularism balance of various countries. I would welcome an overview of the situation in Finland. My guess is that it is similar to countries like Sweden or Norway.

I had a work colleague from Finland once. His name was Hannu.

Regards

Grimesy
Howdy!
Cunt
(July 11, 2012 at 11:37 am)pgrimes15 Wrote:
(July 10, 2012 at 8:28 pm)Piiska Wrote: I am a 24 year old finn. I figured I'd join here since I decided I'd start lurking these forums. Also I figured I'd give as comprehensive introduction as I could:

I'm a smoker.

Welcome Piiska. I am always interested in the state of the religion/secularism balance of various countries. I would welcome an overview of the situation in Finland. My guess is that it is similar to countries like Sweden or Norway.

I had a work colleague from Finland once. His name was Hannu.

Regards

Grimesy

See Piiska, I bet you can't be as vague as that

I'm a newbe too
welcome
No way! Big Grin

Welcome, welcome, I thought this day would never come.
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(July 10, 2012 at 8:28 pm)Piiska Wrote: I'm a smoker.

I'd recommend quitting. Being a nonsmoker is far cheaper.
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
Welcome, Piiska. Thanks for breaking up the monotony of the Swede influx.

I'm a smoker.

Do you not accept that there is anything objective? What about the fact that you are a smoker?