Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 4:39 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Formal debate challenge - Taqiyya Mockingbird
Formal debate challenge - Taqiyya Mockingbird
Taqiyya Mockingbird,

I would like to officially challenge you to a formal debate. You have ridiculed my beliefs and my ability to logically reason more times than I can recall. Why don't we settle this old-fashioned style? Smile
RE: Formal debate challenge - Taqiyya Mockingbird
Dafuk?

You have shown yourself to be incapable of honest debate. Go pound fire ants up your ass.
I was really not expecting you to back down like this.
"the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate" (1 Cor. 1:19)
(July 14, 2012 at 8:17 pm)Jeffonthenet Wrote: Why don't we settle this old-fashioned style? Smile

With a gun and ten paces?
You really believe in a man who has helped to save the world twice, with the power to change his physical appearance? An alien who travels though time and space--in a police box?!? [Image: TARDIS.gif]
(July 14, 2012 at 8:36 pm)KnockEmOuttt Wrote:
(July 14, 2012 at 8:17 pm)Jeffonthenet Wrote: Why don't we settle this old-fashioned style? Smile

With a gun and ten paces?

I felt this might be my only chance in life to say that lol. How about you debate me? You have taken quite a few shots at me yourself.
Via PM:

Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:
Jeffonthenet Wrote:
Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:You have shown yourself to be incapable of honest debate. Go pound fire ants up your ass.

Jeffonthenet Wrote:I've challenged you to a formal debate by making a thread in the atheism section of the site.

I am sorry if I have in any way been dishonest in any of my replies on this site.

You are lying. Any further contact from you by PM will be reported as harassment.
(July 14, 2012 at 8:38 pm)Jeffonthenet Wrote:
(July 14, 2012 at 8:36 pm)KnockEmOuttt Wrote: With a gun and ten paces?

I felt this might be my only chance in life to say that lol. How about you debate me? You have taken quite a few shots at me yourself.

Debate you about what? The existence of God? I believe I (we all) have been doing that since you've started posting here.
You really believe in a man who has helped to save the world twice, with the power to change his physical appearance? An alien who travels though time and space--in a police box?!? [Image: TARDIS.gif]
(July 14, 2012 at 8:34 pm)Jeffonthenet Wrote: I was really not expecting you to back down like this.

That is not backing down, asshole. That is me refusing to submit to your request to waste my time with your disingenuous fucktardery.

Your "apology" was no apology at all. Lying twat.
I don't see how that private message makes me look bad. All I wanted was to have a debate on God in order to let the facts decide if I am irrational by believing in Him. But I understand, you don't want to do it. I won't ask again.

(July 14, 2012 at 8:43 pm)KnockEmOuttt Wrote:
(July 14, 2012 at 8:38 pm)Jeffonthenet Wrote: I felt this might be my only chance in life to say that lol. How about you debate me? You have taken quite a few shots at me yourself.

Debate you about what? The existence of God? I believe I (we all) have been doing that since you've started posting here.

The topic would be something like that. It would be more substantive to have a formal debate as it wouldn't go off topic so easy with 5 other people commenting, and we could have long opening arguments and a reasonable amount of time to carefully look over than and respond. Also, everyone else would be able to observe and it would help people make a more informed decision on the issue because it would be more substantive and all-inclusive.
Here's one you ignored from one of your other threads. This is why people here don't want to debate you.

Quote:Jeffonthenet Wrote:
Can anyone give me a good case against the existence of God that can stand up to scrutiny?

Quote:KnockEmOuttt Wrote:
I'd like to take this moment to talk to you about something very real. It's called the null hypothesis. More or less, it's the default position of the scientific method (you may not like it, but it's the reason you've got a computer to sit in front of.) As wikipedia states:

Quote:It is important to understand that the null hypothesis can never be proven. A set of data can only reject a null hypothesis or fail to reject it.

That stated, if your hypothesis is "God exists, all things in the universe are a result of him" then the null hypothesis by default is "God does not exist, all things in the universe are a result of chance."

In this argument, the atheists are on the side of the null hypothesis. Remembering that the null can not be proven, only rejected or accepted, it is up to you to provide the proof that the null is false.

That is why not only can we not give you a good case against the existence of God that can stand up to scrutiny, it is not our job.

I hope that is good enough for you.

You've come here asking for proof we can't provide, knowing full well we can't provide it. Your arguments are rather weak, and because of your failure to use logic correctly are rejected by most of us outright. I think it makes you angry because you can't change our minds. Which goes back to my earlier sentiments that you're looking for converts here.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  a challenge All atheists There is inevitably a Creator. Logic says that suni_muslim 65 14376 November 28, 2017 at 5:02 pm
Last Post: Fidel_Castronaut
  Where to Debate Theists? Cephus 27 5844 April 13, 2017 at 8:51 pm
Last Post: Nanny
  A challenge for any Atheist who been here for a long time! Mystic 36 4704 January 11, 2017 at 8:16 pm
Last Post: comet
  A challenge! Mystic 87 8495 January 10, 2017 at 1:43 am
Last Post: Astonished
  A challenge! Mystic 3 924 January 3, 2017 at 12:27 am
Last Post: Cyberman
  Has the Atheism vs. Theism debate played it's course? MJ the Skeptical 49 10692 August 12, 2016 at 8:43 am
Last Post: MJ the Skeptical
  Your favorite Atheist Theist Debate? Nuda900 11 4037 February 28, 2016 at 8:08 pm
Last Post: abaris
  A Challenge to You All: Prove I'm not God FebruaryOfReason 40 6189 February 21, 2016 at 1:59 pm
Last Post: FebruaryOfReason
  A great atheist debate video. Jehanne 0 1180 February 14, 2016 at 12:04 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  What you see when you win a religious debate... x3 IanHulett 15 5154 October 20, 2015 at 7:45 am
Last Post: robvalue