Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:15 am

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Does the Bible Contradict Itself?
Does the Bible Contradict Itself?
I'm wondering whether there are any biblical passages that contradict one another. Please provide two contradictory passages for discussion and explain why they result in a contradiction. Thanks.

Smile
"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains (no matter how improbable) must be the truth."

--Spock
RE: Does the Bible Contradict Itself?
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/contra/by_name.html

Here you go! Look at all these. :3
[Image: SigBarSping_zpscd7e35e1.png]
Yes. Over and over again. There's this thing called google. Use it. Have your mind blown.
Thanks Annik, but please provide two texts, only. I'm looking for a discussion.

(July 15, 2012 at 4:20 pm)Napoleon Wrote: Yes. Over and over again. There's this thing called google. Use it. Have your mind blown.
Isn't this a discussion thread, Napoleon? Please provide the most mind-blowing one that comes to your noble mind.

Smile
"If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains (no matter how improbable) must be the truth."

--Spock
(July 15, 2012 at 4:21 pm)spockrates Wrote: Isn't this a discussion thread, Napoleon? Please provide the most mind-blowing one that comes to your noble mind.

Smile

It is, but I don't feel like discussing it, rather advice on how to find what you are looking for would be more productive. It's so simple to go on google and search for bible contradictions. Doesn't really need to be discussed.
"I'm looking for a discussion to inflict an intellectually bankrupt semantic runaround."

fixed that for ya.
(July 15, 2012 at 4:27 pm)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote: "I'm looking for a discussion to inflict an intellectually bankrupt semantic runaround."

fixed that for ya.
Always mocking, hey bird?

:p

(July 15, 2012 at 4:27 pm)Napoleon Wrote:
(July 15, 2012 at 4:21 pm)spockrates Wrote: Isn't this a discussion thread, Napoleon? Please provide the most mind-blowing one that comes to your noble mind.

Smile
U
It is, but I don't feel like discussing it, rather advice on how to find what you are looking for would be more productive. It's so simple to go on google and search for bible contradictions. Doesn't really need to be discussed.

What I've found is that nearly all the contradictions are apparent rather than real. But do you think I'm wrong?

(July 15, 2012 at 4:16 pm)spockrates Wrote: I'm wondering whether there are any biblical passages that contradict one another. Please provide two contradictory passages for discussion and explain why they result in a contradiction. Thanks.

Smile

Annik:

There must be one that's so obvious and so damning that I'd have nothing to say in response. Isn't there?

--Spock
Quote:I'm looking for a discussion.

Are you sure you aren't just looking to make excuses?
(July 15, 2012 at 4:30 pm)spockrates Wrote:
(July 15, 2012 at 4:27 pm)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote: "I'm looking for a discussion to inflict an intellectually bankrupt semantic runaround."

fixed that for ya.
Always mocking, hey bird?

:p

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions" --ThomasJefferson.

[Image: Dodo.jpg]
(July 15, 2012 at 4:36 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:I'm looking for a discussion.

Are you sure you aren't just looking to make excuses?

I think so, but please explain your meaning.

--Spock

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 43907 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  Does Bible specifically forbid Anal sex? ErGingerbreadMandude 145 16578 March 23, 2017 at 9:52 am
Last Post: Harry Nevis
  How does "Science prove that the miracles of the Bible did not happen" ? Emzap 62 11049 November 4, 2016 at 2:05 am
Last Post: dyresand
  What the Bible Does NOT Say About Premarital Sex Rhondazvous 30 6366 January 25, 2016 at 2:40 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  History Repeats Itself Shuffle 79 16277 August 18, 2015 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
Question Why does the Bible say there are different races of people... Aractus 40 9565 March 5, 2015 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Christians, where does your allegiance lie? - Jesus Christ or Bible Forsaken 53 14109 February 15, 2015 at 6:38 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Illinois bible colleges: "We shouldn't have to follow state standards because bible!" Esquilax 34 7405 January 23, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  The Bible does NOT ban masturbation..another Christian lie là bạn điên 42 9170 February 12, 2014 at 7:13 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Hell does NOT exist in the bible? 1tasolo 24 7960 February 3, 2014 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Angrboda