Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:01 am

Poll: How would you react if your son 'came out' and admitted he was gay?
This poll is closed.
It wouldn't bother me at all.
76.92%
20 76.92%
It would bother me but I'd try to accept it.
23.08%
6 23.08%
I couldn't accept it.
0%
0 0%
Total 26 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parents of gay children
Parents of gay children
I have just been watching the news and a poll has just been released concerning how parents would react if they discovered that their son admitted that he was gay.

I must admit that the results surprised me and so I wondered what the general opinion of the subject would be here.

So, the question is, how would you react?
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Parents of gay children
I don't have any children.

I DO have a gay sister. I knew she was gay years before she came out.It made no difference between us. Why would it? If you love someone you accept them for who they are,as they are,it's not a complicated idea.
I knew a friend was gay but I was still shocked when he came out. I'd really hope it wouldn't bother me. I certainly would still love them completely as I do now.
I don't have children, but if my kid would tell me that they are gay I would still love them. Their sexual preferences wouldn't change anything between me and him/her.
Personally, it's not God I dislike, it's his fan club I can't stand.
I'm bi, so it's not like I'd mind Big Grin
I voted 'it wouldn't bother' only because im not having children. I like my freedom too much, children would be hard work (issue stated as an example), and the world is overpopulated.

But if I did have a child and he/she was gay/turned gay, I would have to accept it. I probably wouldn;t like it, but I would accept it. But I don't have to worry about that. Unless, ofcourse I adopt a child. Which is always a possibility.
Like G-Mark I don't think I'll be having any children. But, it wouldn't bother me in the least. If I ever do have children I want them to know I'll love them no matter what!
Cher

"I have no advice for anybody; except to, you know, be awake enough to see where you are at any given time, and how that is beautiful, and has poetry inside. Even places you hate" -Jeff Buckley
"I don't think I'll ever be having any children" Hmmm.. Dodgy Just what I said when I was in my early twenties..
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
I have 3 daughters and a son.....

My wife and I have talked about this subject a couple of times in the past.....

Neither one of us have a problem with anyone or our children being gay....Our only issue would be for their safety and of course the ridicules they would get throughout their life from uneducated bigots....

Other than that, of course I would accept any one of my children if they came out and told my wife or I they were gay.
Intelligence is the only true moral guide...
(June 28, 2009 at 11:09 am)Overmars Wrote: I don't have children, but if my kid would tell me that they are gay I would still love them. Their sexual preferences wouldn't change anything between me and him/her.

Ditto. If I had a kid (or more than 1) and he/she was gay...I wouldn't care. Makes no difference to whether I love them or not. It's merely their sexual orientation. It's purely theirs! So it's got fuck-all to do with me!...So why would or should I care(?) I shouldn't, wouldn't, won't and don't.

There's nothing wrong with being gay just like there isn't being straight...and same goes with bisexual too. It's just the personal sexual orientation of the person! No one else should have to be concerned about it.

EvF

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dumb donald's parents? no one 2 447 October 13, 2020 at 1:14 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Are parents allowed to stay with little kids if infected with covid 19 ? Megabullshit 30 1759 April 3, 2020 at 4:50 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Children visiting Grandma rejoice John V 19 2167 July 31, 2018 at 7:06 am
Last Post: John V
  Why are children allowed to act in TV shows/movies? Alexmahone 10 2497 May 27, 2018 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Ravenshire
  Adopting Children of Another Race Shell B 62 4365 February 13, 2018 at 11:39 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  The horrifying brutality of prenatal confinement of children. Gawdzilla Sama 14 1993 January 19, 2018 at 9:03 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  About LGBT Parents Der/die AtheistIn 13 1625 December 24, 2017 at 5:42 am
Last Post: notimportant1234
  Children WinterHold 23 2167 December 2, 2017 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: KevinM1
  2 pieces of advice for future parents ErGingerbreadMandude 68 12690 November 17, 2017 at 8:07 am
Last Post: Cod
  Desire to have children Interaktive 10 2051 July 20, 2017 at 6:16 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome