Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:20 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm an Apatheist
I'm an Apatheist
Posted this in introductions since I've changed positions and feel I owe people an explanation.

I've been here for over two years. In that time theists have come and gone. None have managed to make god sound meaningful, interesting or relevant in my life.

I no longer care for their silly assertions, arguments or concepts any more.

I've gone over to Apatheism. I'm sticking to just the Science boards and off/topic boards since the topic of religion bores me to death. Every theist is now on permanent ignore. Goodbye and have a nice life.
RE: I'm an Apatheist
they really do have terrible arguments...

I've just given up on debating them and expecting any kind of meaningful response.

Its the same... tired... old arguments.... again and again and again and again, that have been refuted or disproved again and again and again and again.

To those who don't care for my attitude and wish to continue, be my guest. You're clearly bigger gluttons for punishment/self-infliction than I ever could be.
I can understand Welsh. The value of debate has declined over the decades...no more 'fire in the belly' for this pathetic bunch of theists. They have no arguments that deserver refutation let alone Internet time
"The Universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements: energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest." G'Kar-B5
from my book of Definitions.

Ligion: a worthless conversation

Re-ligion: The act of endlessly repeating the same conversation
I seem to be going this way too. I just don't have the time or the interest in religion any more.
Cunt
Hell, I just joined and already feel that way. Then again, growing up in the bible belt, in a small Texas town probably has a lot to do with that. But also over the years I have had an online presence I have just grown weary of even trying. When someone is dead set on their beliefs in fairy tales you might as well just give up and let them go on their way.
"Stop chasing your tail and relax. Jesus is watching you make shit up." Shell B to CliveStaples

(July 21, 2012 at 12:31 am)cato123 Wrote:
(July 21, 2012 at 12:22 am)C.W. Sims Wrote: I for one, as a homo, must say that if he was a homo, then he had to have looked fabulous on that cross. Nearly naked, body all ripped, oh wait.... yeah, never mind. I'm gonna just stop right there before I offend anyone. ROFLOL

I have a certain distaste for the emoticons, and particularly despise the laughing/rolling dude when used in response to one's own statement, but.....

Holy fuck that was funny! "Nearly naked, body all ripped,....". Oh, fuck me. I'm still laughing but can no longer piss myself since I've emptied the tank.
I enjoy shitting on them and their various gods.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hello from Apatheist! Edward John 11 1121 November 12, 2016 at 4:19 am
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod