Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Muslim cleric wants Canadian women to cover up to prevent rape.
Muslim cleric wants Canadian women to cover up to prevent rape.
The Muslim clerics are going off at the mouth again. Notice how he uses his own invented facts to back up his argument. BTW at the end of the article you can vote on whether you think this is bullshit, his motive, or if you think he has a point.

http://www.torontosun.com/2012/07/16/mus...A.facebook
I have studied the Bible and the theology behind Christianity for many years. I have been to many churches. I have walked the depth and the breadth of the religion and, as a result of this, I have a lot of bullshit to scrape off the bottom of my shoes. ~Ziploc Surprise

RE: Muslim cleric wants Canadian women to cover up to prevent rape.
I can understand if a Muslim advises someone to to cover up for religious reasons (and the burqa is a cultural thing which started before Islam, BTW), but it's stupid to tell them to cover up in order to prevent themselves from getting raped.

'Covered up' or not, that doesn't guarantee that men and women are not going to be sexually assaulted.
It's the old "they were asking for it" argument.
It also belittles men by implying that the sight of a pretty ankle turns us into rape machines.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

It sure doesn't say a lot for Muslim men that they feel that their impulse control is so weak that they will rape women if they aren't covered from head to toe.

Funny thing is, I've never felt like raping any woman, no matter how she is dressed.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
Quote:I do allot of Islamic Outreach Programs downtown (yonge and Dundas).I am from African Carribean Ethnicity.

Canada needs to work on its immigration laws!
Considering Islam encourages men to beat their wives if they "rebel" (don't want to do what the husband says), does not allow women to refuse sex with their husband, and allows men to take wives from war survivors, I don't think they should be the ones handing out advice for maximizing comfort for women.

Also doesn't help when the vast majority of rape occurs in the home...
"Listen, strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government! Supreme executive power derives from a mandate by the masses, not some farcical aquatic ceremony!"
- Dennis the peasant.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can you be a "Non religious muslim"? Woah0 31 1753 August 22, 2022 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Muslim students less likely to be awarded top class degrees. Succubus#2 28 2338 March 22, 2020 at 6:02 am
Last Post: Belacqua
  Are there any theists here who think God wants, or will take care of, Global Warming? Duty 16 3492 January 19, 2020 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Smedders
  11-Year-Old College Grad Wants to Pursue Astrophysics to Prove God’s Existence Foxaèr 49 6864 August 2, 2018 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  My dad wants me to marry another christian Der/die AtheistIn 40 8154 September 23, 2017 at 3:04 pm
Last Post: mordant
  An interesting Muslim-Atheist discussion on Religion and Rationality SuperSentient 10 2886 March 5, 2017 at 11:12 pm
Last Post: SuperSentient
  If "god" wants to talk to me... [new video] robvalue 55 8155 February 23, 2017 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: Drich
Wink The Attraction System In MEN & WOMEN Proves God Exists!!! Edward John 69 13347 December 12, 2016 at 8:34 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Church demands the victim apologize to pastor's wife since the pastor did the rape. Foxaèr 122 15786 September 17, 2016 at 4:30 am
Last Post: rado84
  Feminism: why am I supposed to worship women's feet again? WinterHold 168 26231 April 12, 2016 at 5:03 am
Last Post: ErGingerbreadMandude