Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 2:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Dressing up like a superhero to see a movie?
[split] Dressing up like a superhero to see a movie?
Colorado seems to have a lot of crazies in it. Maybe we should only allow PG movies into Colorado if they can't handle all the guns and explosions on the silver screen.

On a side note ... why are so many Americans such loser idiots:
Article Wrote:However, many people attended the film dressed in Batman-related costumes.

EDIT: I did not start this thread, nor do I wish it was even in existence. The above remark was made as a personal bias. I had no idea that costumes, of all things, was going to be such a hot button.
[Image: Evolution.png]

RE: 12 shot dead at 'Dark Knight Rises' screening in Aurora, Colorado
(July 20, 2012 at 12:14 pm)Cinjin Wrote: On a side note ... why are so many Americans such loser idiots:
Article Wrote:However, many people attended the film dressed in Batman-related costumes.

Americans are loser idiots for being hyped about a film? That's ridiculous.
[Image: hoviksig-1.png]
Ex Machina Libertas
(July 20, 2012 at 12:19 pm)Hovik Wrote:
(July 20, 2012 at 12:14 pm)Cinjin Wrote: On a side note ... why are so many Americans such loser idiots:

Americans are loser idiots for being hyped about a film? That's ridiculous.

Yep. Dressing up like a superhero to see a movie makes you an idiot in my book. Call me an ass ... that's where I stand.

(well, unless you're a grade-schooler Undecided )

(July 20, 2012 at 12:22 pm)Cinjin Wrote:
(July 20, 2012 at 12:19 pm)Hovik Wrote: Americans are loser idiots for being hyped about a film? That's ridiculous.

Yep. Dressing up like a superhero to see a movie makes you an idiot in my book. Call me an ass ... that's where I stand.

(well, unless you're a grade-schooler :/ )

Okay. Ass.
[Image: hoviksig-1.png]
Ex Machina Libertas
(July 20, 2012 at 12:23 pm)Hovik Wrote: Okay. Ass.

lol ... did you dress up in a costume recently to see a movie? Planning on it?
Have you ever been Darth Maul with a plastic sword standing in front of a bunch of 15 year old girls who were laughing hysterically?

Cosplay is awesome... and it gets you all the geeky/nerdy ladies.

Met my girlfriend in costume... 5 hours later was in bed with her. I'll take being declared an idiot for such a reward Wink

Really wonder why you think costume-wearing is idiotic... especially coming from an artist such as yourself Tongue

(July 20, 2012 at 12:27 pm)Cinjin Wrote: Have you ever been Darth Maul with a plastic sword standing in front of a bunch of 15 year old girls who were laughing hysterically?

I would hope not, since the related movie was terrible. Thinking
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Sae, someone is trying to taake over your kingdom of crazyness, get him!
(July 20, 2012 at 12:46 pm)Violet Lilly Blossom Wrote: Cosplay is awesome... and it gets you all the geeky/nerdy ladies.

Met my girlfriend in costume... 5 hours later was in bed with her. I'll take being declared an idiot for such a reward Wink

Really wonder why you think costume-wearing is idiotic... especially coming from an artist such as yourself Tongue

I never said costume-wearing is idiotic as a matter in general. I have worn several costumes in my life.
What I said was loser idiots dress up like their heroes and wear them to see a movie. There's a time and a place for everything I suppose, but dressing up like a child's hero and going to a public event that is not even close to being a designated costume party makes you a bit of loser in my own humble opinion.

Like I said, if that makes me an ass, than so be it. Tongue

(July 20, 2012 at 12:52 pm)LastPoet Wrote: Sae, someone is trying to taake over your kingdom of crazyness, get him!

They may try, but they shall never succeed!

It's far too much to bear Tongue
Please give me a home where cloud buffalo roam
Where the dear and the strangers can play
Where sometimes is heard a discouraging word
But the skies are not stormy all day
Ah, another thread devolved into flexing one's ideals. How exciting.

On an on-topic note, this is terribly sad. If there has to be a thread about it, why can't it be a thread where people express their sadness? I'm seriously tempted to split this.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Last Movie You Watched Foxaèr 5433 475737 1 hour ago
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3704 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 774 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 568 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 455 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 471 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  See Uranus and moon in binoculars, March 6, 2022 Jehanne 3 463 February 28, 2022 at 3:07 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1600 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  An important dressing question Foxaèr 18 516 September 6, 2021 at 5:52 am
Last Post: brewer
  You're a superhero Foxaèr 24 1407 May 15, 2021 at 1:19 pm
Last Post: Divinity