Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 2:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message From A Former Muslim
Video 
Message From A Former Muslim
Greetings,

I've been making the rounds on some Atheist forums, so I thought I'd sign up here as well:

I am a former Muslim.

More specifically, I grew up pretending to be a Muslim in a hardline-Muslim country where the penalty for Apostasy is death by decapitation. Walking, talking, and appearing to agree with things I have always questioned and doubted comprised the majority of my youth.

I feel burdened with a personal obligation towards my future generation to inform them about the dangers of their religion. I also happen to be in a unique position, since I know exactly how my brethren think, and how their arguments supporting Islam have their foundations in nothing more than wavering emotion and whim.

I can personally attest to the fact that only ideologies like Islam can force good people to do heinous things.

I threw the following video together for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjZm94ojlyM&feature=plcp

As you can see, I have not taken the outright inflammatory route from the onset. Doing so may cause the target viewer to immediately raise their defenses, and maybe skip viewing the rest of the video altogether.

An honest, brutal critique would be helpful.

Also, if it is not in any violation of your time, I would greatly appreciate it if you would share the message with your friends and spread it around.

Thank you all.

- A
RE: Message From A Former Muslim
Welcome to the forum, I do hope you are here more than just to share the video though. Hope to see you around some of the other threads. It's always better when someone comes to share and grow the community.
"Stop chasing your tail and relax. Jesus is watching you make shit up." Shell B to CliveStaples

(July 21, 2012 at 12:31 am)cato123 Wrote:
(July 21, 2012 at 12:22 am)C.W. Sims Wrote: I for one, as a homo, must say that if he was a homo, then he had to have looked fabulous on that cross. Nearly naked, body all ripped, oh wait.... yeah, never mind. I'm gonna just stop right there before I offend anyone. ROFLOL

I have a certain distaste for the emoticons, and particularly despise the laughing/rolling dude when used in response to one's own statement, but.....

Holy fuck that was funny! "Nearly naked, body all ripped,....". Oh, fuck me. I'm still laughing but can no longer piss myself since I've emptied the tank.
Welcome. I'll watch your video when I know you better.

Smile

(July 23, 2012 at 12:26 am)C.W. Sims Wrote: Welcome to the forum, I do hope you are here more than just to share the video though. Hope to see you around some of the other threads. It's always better when someone comes to share and grow the community.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

You're absolutely right. This is something that is really important to me, and will be a lifelong endeavor. I'm just stretching myself as far as I can to stifle and thwart the spread of Islam by going out on as many fronts as my time permits.

I'm also here to make sure that others like me are not alone, and that we are responsible for what kind of future our children will live in.

Mark my words, I'm here for the long haul Smile

(July 23, 2012 at 12:26 am)aleialoura Wrote: Welcome. I'll watch your video when I know you better.

Smile

Hahaha, fair enough Smile
Quote:More specifically, I grew up pretending to be a Muslim in a hardline-Muslim country where the penalty for Apostasy is death by decapitation.

Seems severe for not accepting bullshit.
It is not uncommon however. Sad but true that some places would rather kill that try to convince. I'm glad we atheists aren't like that. The lot of us would be in prison by now for murdering those who disagreed that there is no god.
"Stop chasing your tail and relax. Jesus is watching you make shit up." Shell B to CliveStaples

(July 21, 2012 at 12:31 am)cato123 Wrote:
(July 21, 2012 at 12:22 am)C.W. Sims Wrote: I for one, as a homo, must say that if he was a homo, then he had to have looked fabulous on that cross. Nearly naked, body all ripped, oh wait.... yeah, never mind. I'm gonna just stop right there before I offend anyone. ROFLOL

I have a certain distaste for the emoticons, and particularly despise the laughing/rolling dude when used in response to one's own statement, but.....

Holy fuck that was funny! "Nearly naked, body all ripped,....". Oh, fuck me. I'm still laughing but can no longer piss myself since I've emptied the tank.
Welcome.
Cunt
Touching video, thank you.
Welcome. Cool Shades
*stands up*

*begins clapping wildly*

There are no words that I can conjure up to describe the beauty and harmony of the message you bring. Fantastic repose, sir. I do hope you stick around.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Former JW Athena 41 3433 July 7, 2019 at 5:17 am
Last Post: veoli
  Hi there. Ex-muslim in Bangladesh AAzan 28 7080 March 3, 2018 at 12:30 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  An Ex-Muslim Within Muslims Defender 23 2591 October 20, 2016 at 1:09 am
Last Post: Defender
  Message to All New Comers Rhondazvous 1 784 June 9, 2016 at 7:31 pm
Last Post: c172
Brick Hello all, Ex-Muslim here. Qtian 19 2917 June 14, 2014 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  Hai! Ex muslim atheist from indonesia here! :) Murtaddin 31 7448 April 21, 2014 at 5:28 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  former theist turned rational thinker thatoneguyyouknow 18 3815 March 26, 2014 at 1:44 am
Last Post: Tartarus Sauce
  Hello I'm a Muslim ska88 47 10682 January 5, 2014 at 6:17 am
Last Post: Rayaan
  Is he a Muslim? tiredofreligion 50 7672 August 21, 2013 at 1:30 am
Last Post: Whateverist
  Hi, former pentecostal here Roger Mellie 23 3067 July 12, 2013 at 9:37 pm
Last Post: Raven