Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 11:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Same-sex Marriage in Scotland
Same-sex Marriage in Scotland
Quote:Scotland could become the first part of the UK to introduce gay marriage after the SNP government announced plans to make the change.

Ministers confirmed they would bring forward a bill on the issue, indicating the earliest ceremonies could take place by the start of 2015.

Political leaders, equality groups and gay rights campaigners welcomed the move.

But it has been strongly opposed by the Catholic Church and Church of Scotland.
BBC- Same sex marriage in Scotland

This is why, for now, Europe is better then the USA (at Federal level and the majority of states) in terms of Equality.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
RE: Same-sex Marriage in Scotland
(July 25, 2012 at 9:25 am)Gooders1002 Wrote: This is why Europe is better then the USA in terms of Equality.

Very ignorant. You do realize that "some parts" of the USA have had homosexual marriage for over 8 years now, right?
"How is it that a lame man does not annoy us while a lame mind does? Because a lame man recognizes that we are walking straight, while a lame mind says that it is we who are limping." - Pascal
(July 25, 2012 at 9:52 am)Jaysyn Wrote:
(July 25, 2012 at 9:25 am)Gooders1002 Wrote: This is why Europe is better then the USA in terms of Equality.

Very ignorant. You do realize that "some parts" of the USA have had homosexual marriage for over 8 years now, right?

Of course I do, i was saying the USA as a whole at federal level. I know there are States with Same sex marriage. (side note: I should have put 'for now' in my sentance)
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful" - Edward Gibbon (Offen misattributed to Lucius Annaeus Seneca or Seneca the Younger) (Thanks to apophenia for the correction)
'I am driven by two main philosophies:
Know more about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others. You'd be surprised how far that gets you' - Neil deGrasse Tyson
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." - Mark Twain
I just can't wait to hear what my very Catholic Gran makes of this.
Cunt
(July 25, 2012 at 1:05 pm)frankiej Wrote: I just can't wait to hear what my very Catholic Gran makes of this.

I'm hearing on the news that all the Catholics and the Church of Scotland are in uproar about it.

Fuck 'em.
(July 25, 2012 at 2:43 pm)Napoleon Wrote: I'm hearing on the news that all the Catholics and the Church of Scotland are in uproar about it.

Fuck 'em.

Not with a condom though that would be a sin.
(July 25, 2012 at 3:23 pm)jonb Wrote:
(July 25, 2012 at 2:43 pm)Napoleon Wrote: I'm hearing on the news that all the Catholics and the Church of Scotland are in uproar about it.

Fuck 'em.
Not with a condom though that would be a sin.

Of course, it's not just a sin, it also increases your chances of getting AIDS too. So it's practical advice as well.
Scots just don't give a fuck. Scots are awesome.
Self-authenticating private evidence is useless, because it is indistinguishable from the illusion of it. ― Kel, Kelosophy Blog

If you’re going to watch tele, you should watch Scooby Doo. That show was so cool because every time there’s a church with a ghoul, or a ghost in a school. They looked beneath the mask and what was inside?
The f**king janitor or the dude who runs the waterslide. Throughout history every mystery. Ever solved has turned out to be. Not Magic.
― Tim Minchin, Storm
Re: Same-sex Marriage in Scotland
Scots are great. I just live the insults I get there when people hear my London accent! lol

I had the misfortune of being in Inverness when England lost to the USA during The World Cup a few years ago. Fucking hilarious.

British Equal Marriage starting in Scotland doesn't surprise me at all. All the cool new laws pass their first, like the smoking ban did. Good for them.
It is nice to know that people love us. Tongue
Cunt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You think people who hate Queen Elizabeth 2 is same reason MAGA people hated Obama Woah0 13 1322 December 20, 2022 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Why don't Southern states outlaw interracial marriage? Jehanne 12 1161 July 26, 2022 at 7:55 am
Last Post: h4ym4n
  Transgenderism versus Interracial Marriage. Jehanne 3 530 April 18, 2021 at 1:09 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Aren't Judaism and Aryanism the same thing? Sweden83 63 2724 December 4, 2020 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: no one
  Russia's Putin wants traditional marriage and God in constitution zebo-the-fat 17 1597 March 4, 2020 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Elizabeth Warren On Marriage Equality BrianSoddingBoru4 8 1563 October 15, 2019 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Crusaders and Jihadists: 2 faces of the same coin WinterHold 25 2826 July 26, 2019 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: chimp3
Video This is hilarious, but also very disturbing at the same time GODZILLA 10 2483 June 11, 2018 at 3:42 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Republican advisor made a woman a sex slave Rev. Rye 67 8152 April 12, 2018 at 10:40 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Tell Me Once More Progressives That Hillary and the WLB are "The Same" Minimalist 67 13989 October 26, 2017 at 4:20 pm
Last Post: Jackalope