Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 1:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Hi All - From Lion IRC
Hi All - From Lion IRC

Hi All,
Another friendly theist for your ranks. Greetings!

I love respectful dialogue and free speech - the contest of ideas.
Philosophy, AvT, ethics/morality, the "New Atheism" phenomenon.

Apart from that...

...I'm just another clown kicking around in Melbourne town
Cooling out, relaxing watching the world go round
So if you ever have the time and you want to go drink some wine
I'd rather greet you with a smile than greet you with a frown...

Cat Empire – “The Crowd”
RE: Hi All - From Lion IRC
Apparently not big on facts, though.

Welcome....for now.
On the contrary, I crave facts.
Welcome aboard, nice avatar, one of the best of the major arcana, right up there with The Fool, imho.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 29, 2012 at 11:19 pm)Rhythm Wrote: Welcome aboard, nice avatar, one of the best of the major arcana, right up there with The Fool, imho.

I connect with it because it reminds me of the tradition relating to the crucifixion of the disciple Peter.

The psyche.
Or Odin, Osiris, Mithras, or Christ. I think the Odin narrative captures the meaning of the card best. Given that the tree is alive, the man is in stasis (up-side down no less), and has the glow (presumably) of knowledge. The tau cross always reminded me more of Mjolnir and less of crucifixion ala christianity.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Nope
Just Peter. (But thats just my take.)
Have you ever seen the 9/11 image ''falling man"?
Yeah, actually, had a huge discussion with a buddy about it (big tarot buff). I can see the similarities, but I do remember diverging on it being the angle of the camera, and if you actually scrutinize the image with camera angle in mind, it's not likely that the mans pose is even remotely similar. But thats the way archetypes are supposed to work, que in on similarities and help you to brush aside the differences.
(July 29, 2012 at 11:14 pm)Lion IRC Wrote: On the contrary, I crave facts.

Fact: A prolapse can occur during rough anal sex. The wall of the rectum falls out and it hangs like a sock. If this ever happens to you see a doctor immediately.

There you go, go nuts. No need to thank me.

Welcome by the way. :-)
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Yes, I think I read that fact in a polemic against homosexuality somewhere.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hi all - new here is all.... val5662 15 2142 March 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
Thumbs Up HEY ALL Y'ALL Droppin' Loads 10 3929 September 22, 2009 at 11:36 pm
Last Post: Amphora