Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 11:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
US church bans member of congregation from marrying there.
US church bans member of congregation from marrying there.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19047475

Quote:US church in race row for refusing to wed black couple

30 July 2012 Last updated at 12:33 Help A black couple was turned away from the church they attended regularly because of a minority of people who did not want their marriage to take place there.

Charles and Te'Andrea Wilson wanted to exchange their vows at the First Baptist Church of Crystal Springs, Mississippi, but the pastor told them the ceremony could not be held.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

RE: US church bans member of congregation from marrying there.
In America, an employer can't legally discriminate on the basis of skin color, but it's totally okay for a church to do it.
Who was it going to harm?

I know why they did this! Because it's exactly what jesus would've done. Everyone knows that jesus hated dark skinned people.

(July 31, 2012 at 10:56 am)aleialoura Wrote: Everyone knows that jesus hated dark skinned people.

I know, not like he was an Arab with a tan or anything.

Oh wait.
It's their fan club, they can do whatever they want with it. Bet they could throw a rock and hit another church, time to go shopping for someone who will provide the service they're seeking.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
So, let me see if I can get this straight: two black people want to marry, but some part of the congregation refused to allow it because of their race, and they've been regular congregants? Can someone explain the part of this that makes sense?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
But I thought it was "Love your neighbor as yourself" or is it "Love your (carefully selected) neighbor (exclusions prohibited on the grounds of race, or any other bigoted reason) as yourself"?

It's amazing how they get away with it. fuckers Cranky
WWJD? Apparently, this church thinks he would tell black people to go fuck themselves.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
(July 31, 2012 at 12:28 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: So, let me see if I can get this straight: two black people want to marry, but some part of the congregation refused to allow it because of their race, and they've been regular congregants? Can someone explain the part of this that makes sense?

It's Mississippi...

[Image: racistredneckrebelskeepthehatealive.gif]

It's in their blood.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New York bans religious exemptions for vaccines amid measles outbreak zebo-the-fat 20 2519 July 20, 2019 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Former Westboro Member Poses for NOH8 Campaign Gooders1002 7 5407 February 13, 2013 at 5:12 am
Last Post: Violet