Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the creationist museum :)
the creationist museum :)
i'm talking to a biologist friend who is a non-believer, about her recent trip to the creationist museum in kentucky. she said they sure enough did have a stegosaurus (she thought) saddled up with a man on it. lol. they were onto her and the security followed her into each room and exhibit, not non-chalantly either. she felt uncomfy but was laughing at each exhibit. i want to go see it now.

has anyone been there?

http://creationmuseum.org/
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
RE: the creationist museum :)
I want to go just for the lulz too. Be an expensive trip though...
Usually with things like this, I suspect by attending, their adding me to some sort of hitlist so they can send local missionaries to fuck with my garden gnomes.
Gary Johnson 2012. America's representative for Reason and Logic.
Don't think I'd waste any money on it, even for laughs. Probably end up a little brain damaged. Not worth the risk to my mental health.
What's funny is that they really believe the shit in there. They're really that retarded. That alone is enough to have me laughing hysterically. Fuck I like to watch Xtian freaks go to church so I can laugh at them.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(August 9, 2012 at 11:57 am)Napoleon Wrote: I want to go just for the lulz too. Be an expensive trip though...

Pretty sure there is a creationist museum in the UK. Southampton or somewhere on the south coast.
Depends, do they charge or is it a 'suggested donation' entry? No matter how funny it might be, I don't think its worth it if you'll be supporting their disinformation and indoctrination programs.
Yeah, I've been, it's just a short hop and a skip away, couldn't help myself.

(August 9, 2012 at 12:05 pm)Ace Otana Wrote: What's funny is that they really believe the shit in there.

...oh, IDK, I think they really believe in it's ability to generate income more than than believe in anything contained therein. Costs 30 bucks to get in...that's more than most of the world class zoos, aquariums, and museums that I personally favor.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 9, 2012 at 12:20 pm)Rhythm Wrote: ...oh, IDK, I think they really believe in it's ability to generate income more than than believe in anything contained therein. Costs 30 bucks to get in...that's more than most of the world class zoos, aquariums, and museums that I personally favor.

Yeah I saw the price. $30 per adult.
$30 to see a pile of shit? I could go see a pile of shit for free. Also the additional brain damage, I could watch a pile of shit that won't cause me brain damage.

Think I'll stick to the Natural History Museum in London. Big Grin

Also what's good about the Natural History Museum is that it's free entry. They're not interested in making profit, but to educate instead. In your face creationists!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
i think i would go, if i found myself within 3 hrs drive of it. mainly to see the displays - like the man saddled up on the stegosaurus. that alone would have me in tears. then the construction of the ark, just for size reference of course. since it's under construction in the exhibit, then it should be to scale. so it must be massive. lol.

she said it's a state of the art building and quite impressive as a spectacle.
they can land a rover on mars, yet they still have to stick a human finger up my ass to do a prostate exam?! - ricky gervais
No, no, no, hold out for the Ark. Unless something has changed we have a better ark being constructed here in Ky anyway (amusingly, at great cost to the taxpayer in the way of "friendly" tax breaks and state investment in "business"). Hookers won't put the dimes down for our real state treasures but they're ready to opt in on a fucking Ark.....sigh.

(on the other hand, as you may or may not be aware, I have my eye on this Ark as a fishing boat -so I'm conflicted)
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Creationist, flat Earth, antivaxer etc stuff Dave B 26 5004 December 21, 2017 at 10:16 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Creationist Thoughts Tea Earl Grey Hot 8 2336 December 5, 2013 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Young-earth creationist Kent Hovind's doctoral dissertation orogenicman 39 14783 March 8, 2012 at 4:46 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas