Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 1:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just another introduction
Just another introduction
Hey guys. I stumbled across this forum the other day and it really interested me.
I've been an atheist for about 4 or 5 years which doesn't seem like a lot but then again I'm only 16. The more I learned in school the less I believed in god. I remember saying that I'd believe if there was a sign and there never was. I think the final push towards atheism was in middle school when I got there early on a day "campus life" was praying. The door was locked and they wouldn't open it. They told me I had to pray to go in. I didn't want to be ridiculed for not doing it when everyone around me was a southern baptist so I stood with them(It was winter and I wanted to go in.) Luckily I go to a liberal arts high school where I've found friends that share similar views as me. After I took a world history class and found out more about world religions I realized religion went from being a way to explain things to a way to control people.
Anyway so here I am. I go to school for music. I'm more interested in computer science, environmental science and botany though. I'm teaching myself how to program in java and c++ and enjoy playing rpgs(from dungeons and dragons to skyrim)
(If anyone was wondering the name comes from Oblivion.)

Sorry for the long post.
“Music is the only religion that delivers the goods.”-Frank Zappa
RE: Just another introduction
Howdy!
Cunt
I love the Breton avatar, always nice to have a fellow Elder Scrolls fan come along.

Welcome.
(August 19, 2012 at 4:56 pm)frankiej Wrote: Howdy!

(August 19, 2012 at 5:08 pm)Napoléon Wrote: I love the Breton avatar, always nice to have a fellow Elder Scrolls fan come along.

Welcome.

Thanks!
Bretons are my favorite race to play as. I've played through almost every TES game as one.
I prefer the Dunmer. Smile
Gamer, musician and programmer? Awesome! Welcome to AF! Big Grin
When I was young, there was a god with infinite power protecting me. Is there anyone else who felt that way? And was sure about it? but the first time I fell in love, I was thrown down - or maybe I broke free - and I bade farewell to God and became human. Now I don't have God's protection, and I walk on the ground without wings, but I don't regret this hardship. I want to live as a person. -Arina Tanemura

(August 19, 2012 at 5:24 pm)Napoléon Wrote: I prefer the Dunmer. Smile
Dunmer are very cool. I found it odd that they lost their marksman and blade skills in skyrim though.
(August 19, 2012 at 5:25 pm)Kayenneh Wrote: Gamer, musician and programmer? Awesome! Welcome to AF! Big Grin
Thank you!
(August 19, 2012 at 5:41 pm)Ocato Wrote: Dunmer are very cool. I found it odd that they lost their marksman and blade skills in skyrim though.

Skyrim's whole levelling system was redone so I didn't really notice if they did or didn't. The whole thing with the skills in Skyrim was that they were balanced so that you could be as good at whatever you want no matter the race you play. Which I thought was a good thing. Certainly it was a much better system than Oblivion Smile
(August 19, 2012 at 5:45 pm)Napoléon Wrote:
(August 19, 2012 at 5:41 pm)Ocato Wrote: Dunmer are very cool. I found it odd that they lost their marksman and blade skills in skyrim though.

Skyrim's whole levelling system was redone so I didn't really notice if they did or didn't. The whole thing with the skills in Skyrim was that they were balanced so that you could be as good at whatever you want no matter the race you play. Which I thought was a good thing. Certainly it was a much better system than Oblivion Smile

I remember my first character on oblivion was a nord custom mage thing and by level 10 I even had trouble with mud crabs!
Quote:I remember saying that I'd believe if there was a sign and there never was.

There never is.

Nice to meet you, young fella.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction Veni 5 727 July 3, 2022 at 7:43 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Introduction Data 9 960 June 19, 2022 at 8:04 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  A (re)-introduction bennyboy 10 1947 June 11, 2022 at 8:35 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Introduction Disagreeable 15 1358 January 25, 2022 at 2:37 am
Last Post: Jackalope
  atheists - edit to add Introduction ergo 60 3941 November 28, 2021 at 3:15 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Here is My Introduction AtheistQuest 23 2257 August 25, 2021 at 9:07 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The End8888 Introduction UniverseCaptain 29 1986 August 12, 2021 at 2:17 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  A little introduction satansprostate 16 1154 June 24, 2021 at 11:42 am
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
Smile New User Introduction Militant_Atheist 14 976 September 29, 2020 at 8:03 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  introduction Xaventis 29 2898 August 9, 2020 at 6:38 pm
Last Post: Tomatoshadow2