Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 1:59 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pakistan disabled girl arrested for blasphemy
Pakistan disabled girl arrested for blasphemy
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19311098

Quote:Pakistani police have arrested a mentally disabled 11-year-old girl after a mob accused her of desecrating pages of the Koran.

The mob demanded the Christian girl's arrest and threatened to burn down Christian homes outside the capital Islamabad, local media say.

Officials said the girl could not properly answer police questions.

Her parents have been taken into protective custody following threats and other Christian families have fled.

It is thought that the girl has Down's syndrome.

Nice one, Pakistan. You are currently winning at being retarded.
Cunt
RE: Pakistan disabled girl arrested for blasphemy
Another victim of sheer madness. A total lack of intelligence. Sadly it is a trait that mankind is cursed with.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence - Carl Sagan

Mankind's intelligence walks hand in hand with it's stupidity.

Being an atheist says nothing about your overall intelligence, it just means you don't believe in god. Atheists can be as bright as any scientist and as stupid as any creationist.

You never really know just how stupid someone is, until you've argued with them.
(August 20, 2012 at 4:47 am)Ace Otana Wrote: Sadly it is a trait that mankind is cursed with.

No, it's a trait religious nutjobs are cursed with.
Another triumph for the religion of peace.

Quote:An infinite God ought to be able to protect himself, without going in partnership with State Legislatures. Certainly he ought not so to act that laws become necessary to keep him from being laughed at. No one thinks of protecting Shakespeare from ridicule, by the threat of fine and imprisonment.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll
Hard to believe that the middle east afew thousand years ago was the envy of the world in respect to scientific and mathematical innovation... then some asshole preachers got in positions of political power and declared both an affront.
Makes me wonder how far away we are from the same fate. There has been an awful lot of pushing for more and more religious types to get in power. In a couple of thousand years time will we be in a similar predicament?
Probably.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
(August 20, 2012 at 3:43 am)frankiej Wrote: Nice one, Pakistan. You are currently winning at being retarded.

Nope, Senate hopeful Todd Akins beat them hands down.

There is no depth of idiocy Islam can reach that christians in American can't surpass.
(August 20, 2012 at 12:47 pm)RaphielDrake Wrote: Hard to believe that the middle east afew thousand years ago was the envy of the world in respect to scientific and mathematical innovation... then some asshole preachers got in positions of political power and declared both an affront.
Makes me wonder how far away we are from the same fate. There has been an awful lot of pushing for more and more religious types to get in power. In a couple of thousand years time will we be in a similar predicament?
Probably.

It was the envy of the world not but a few hundred years ago as well. The whole region got a giant, greasy, political and religious dicking.

(August 20, 2012 at 12:47 pm)Chuck Wrote: Nope, Senate hopeful Todd Akins beat them hands down.

There is no depth of idiocy Islam can reach that christians in American can't surpass.

That's because we're winners...america....fuck yeah.../sarcasm.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Someone had to do it.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
Yes.... because destroying a BOOK is obviously a "crime" worthy of the death penalty.

What assholes. This is on the same level as hanging "witches".

You would think if there was a god he would come down from the sky and stop stupid shit like this that is perpetrated in his name.
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?
Quote:You would think if there was a god he would come down from the sky and stop stupid shit like this that is perpetrated in his name.

Answered your own question there, mon ami.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Blasphemy Thread Disagreeable 49 3003 October 17, 2023 at 10:00 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Religious teaching on the disabled? TrueChristian 3 1230 December 30, 2015 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  BLASPHEMY! Minimalist 17 2962 June 17, 2015 at 10:27 pm
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  Blasphemy, I can and I will...... Brian37 18 2152 March 30, 2015 at 3:28 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Blasphemy lifesagift 203 22464 February 20, 2015 at 12:14 pm
Last Post: TubbyTubby
Tongue Sufi Holy Man Is Arrested For Killing Volunteer He Failed to Bring Back to Life MountainsWinAgain 7 3330 September 19, 2014 at 11:27 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Stop buying lesbian Girl Scout cookies IAmNotHere 30 6759 November 14, 2013 at 3:20 pm
Last Post: LostLocke
  Why God is not a girl... Ciel_Rouge 56 15686 August 29, 2012 at 11:50 am
Last Post: Cinjin
  Blasphemy II Cinjin 129 48299 June 25, 2012 at 11:26 pm
Last Post: Cinjin
  God is a Girl? Norwad 7 3305 May 15, 2012 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: Minimalist