Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 11:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God?

Many blame Satan for the evils of this world even as his power to deceive all of us comes from God.

As the creator of Satan, many think that God deserves the blame as he knew what Satan would be because God knows everything in advance.

What is the greatest evil you can think of and who do you think is to blame for it?

Who is the greatest sinner, Satan or God?

I lean toward God as scriptures name him the Alpha and Omega which to me means the best and the worse. Also, scriptures have God saying not to place any other above him and I would be going against this by placing Satan above him in the category of the most evil. I do not want to break the first commandment.

Do you dare by putting Satan above God?

Regards
DL
RE: Does the award for the greatest evil go to Satan or God?
Satan is cool guy. He is the one having all the crazy parties... God isn't going to be the one with the hookers and blow. Wink
Cunt
Since both never existed and are simply emanations of human mind, this could be pointless. However, if we just analyze them as products of Christian culture, Satan definitely seems much more of what we commonly perceive as a good guy. Satan is intelligent and resourceful and invites people to take control of their lives and seek pleasure. God is just a jerk-ish control freak who just wants people to be dumb, submissive and always unhappy and always spoils every party.
Apparently Satan is responsible for only 10 deaths in the OT, whereas god is responsible for several million including killing people for things like being rude to their parents or collecting sticks on the sabbath.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful. — Edward Gibbon

I'm in the Hitchens' camp on this one. (Rough paraphrasing...) "There will always be evil people who do evil things, but how do you get good people to do evil things? Religion."
(August 21, 2012 at 10:23 am)festive1 Wrote: I'm in the Hitchens' camp on this one. (Rough paraphrasing...) "There will always be evil people who do evil things, but how do you get good people to do evil things? Religion."

Brilliant Smile
If one wants to know who is more evil, one must only look to the music each of them inspires. No loving god would ever allow would ever allow such an audial abomination.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
Neither, the award goes to me.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie and with strange aeons even death may die." 
- Abdul Alhazred.
But you're not even a character in the bible. Unless .. you are really ... SATAN???? Worse, God?
Let's see.... "God" floods the planet killing every living thing with the exception of a handful of people and animals on an ark. Think how many toddlers must have bobbed in the floodwaters before drowning! And this being is supposedly "good"? Are you kidding me? This is an act worthy of an EVIL entity! Could Satan have done much worse? What did Satan do to earn such scorn? Supposedly convincing a naieve, young woman to eat a piece of fruit?
Science flies us to the moon and stars. Religion flies us into buildings.

God allowed 200,000 people to die in an earthquake. So what makes you think he cares about YOUR problems?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  UCKG: Church tells boy 'evil spirit' hides in him zebo-the-fat 1 319 December 11, 2023 at 4:51 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
Brick If everything has a purpose then evil doesn't exist zwanzig 738 35145 June 28, 2023 at 10:48 am
Last Post: emjay
  Helping Satan LinuxGal 10 1561 April 1, 2023 at 5:51 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Jesus Christ is the Beast 666 Satan Emerald_Eyes_Esoteric 36 7704 December 18, 2022 at 10:33 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 133 16096 December 16, 2022 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Free will and the necessary evil Mystical 14 1494 November 11, 2022 at 5:34 pm
Last Post: Ahriman
  Satan's Spy System = SSS Ferrocyanide 5 862 January 13, 2022 at 5:04 pm
Last Post: Ferrocyanide
  Why does god put the needs of the few above the need of the many? Greatest I am 69 4960 February 19, 2021 at 10:30 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Armageddon. Does it make Jesus rather evil? Greatest I am 21 2053 February 9, 2021 at 1:35 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Christians pray evil away on the winter solstice. brewer 9 979 December 29, 2020 at 1:27 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama