Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 5:38 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello Everyone.
Wink 
Hello Everyone.
Hello, just found this site and because it has some nice looks and some interesting philosophy threads I registered.I'm 15 years old,and I'm coming from an strong atheist family,I read lots of books on atheism,science,nature and philosophy. And I'm always looking into increasing my knowledge,so I will ask lots of questions if you dont mind,also excuse my english,sometimes you will find mistakes in my writings so pleas correct me,if you will see any

Hope that we will have some nice debates here

Kind regards H.Sapiens
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmM7-ByoFl8US4y_iRp5-...g86MG6N622]

RE: Hello Everyone.
I love it when the kids show up. Gives me hope for a future free of religious stupidity.
(August 21, 2012 at 7:49 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I love it when the kids show up. Gives me hope for a future free of religious stupidity.
Thanks.

Well I'm mostly different than the kids my age,all they can think about are parties,sex,drugs,and other mainstream things. For being an individualist I'm mostly looked at as a strange guy,because i dont like thinks the mainstream does,like i listen to jazz and classico. They listen to skrillex and other nonsense,... you get where I'm going.

But I ignore this,by simply meditating,dealing with extreme sports,...

But I'm looking forward to high school,because I could meet some different people there.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmM7-ByoFl8US4y_iRp5-...g86MG6N622]

(August 21, 2012 at 7:59 pm)Homo Sapiens Wrote: They listen to skrillex and other nonsense,...
I know exactly how you feel. Most kids at my school still think skrillex is "underground and innovative" so I get to hear his music being blasted everywhere I go.
Anyway, welcome!
“Music is the only religion that delivers the goods.”-Frank Zappa
Quote:But I'm looking forward to high school,because I could meet some different people there.

Sigh....you'll probably end up saying the same thing about college.
I'm old enough now to find myself using phrases such as "that's just noise, you can't even understand the words!" and "I don't mind a tune you can dance to!", just like I promised my young teen self I would never, ever do. Still, fifteen is (in my experience at least) about the age when claptrap of any kind, not just religious, tends not to stick anymore the way it might have done say five years earlier. You seem to have your head screwed on and know how to express yourself and your thoughts etc, which is what counts pretty majorly around here. Dunno if you've had a look around but watch out for our resident nutters - ok, I'm one of them but at least I'm on the right side!

You'll fit in just fine and I look forward to seeing how you handle our, shall we say, more credulous members.

Oh, and keep that bloody noise down!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Welcome!
I'm an old dyslexic so I won't be able to help with the spelling, just the odd laugh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYAnezyZkQM
(PS somebody put on a recent post dyslexics never spell dyslexia wrong, it would have been on this post if it was not for spell-check.)
Youngins are our only hope, Min. Big Grin

Welcome, Sapiens.
I see your video, jon, and raise you this arm:

[Image: 304919_511406955555429_1234284929_n.jpg]

Incidentally, re: dyslexia - I'm sure it's more than a coincidence that it's an anagram of "daily sex".

Just like when working for the State Pensions department of the DWP, I realised that "pension" anagrams to "no penis".
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Hello, everyone Rolls 21 1348 June 27, 2020 at 9:31 am
Last Post: Fireball
  Hello Everyone! Chicken 33 2113 December 25, 2018 at 10:57 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Hello Everyone :) , { Just an ape trying to socialize } Enlightened Ape 31 5557 April 24, 2018 at 1:22 pm
Last Post: Enlightened Ape
Wink Hello Everyone! rskovride 15 1820 February 21, 2018 at 5:45 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Hello Everyone Shai Hulud 32 7734 May 14, 2017 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: Shai Hulud
  Hello Everyone! Driggs 22 2586 April 12, 2017 at 10:29 pm
Last Post: c172
  Hello everyone account_inactive 25 3774 April 12, 2017 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Brian37
  Hello Everyone! Flavius 9 1217 March 30, 2017 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: TheoneandonlytrueGod
  Hello everyone Yoo 11 2330 August 29, 2016 at 12:11 pm